Is there something I'm missing? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
rad lulz

Platinum

Re: Is there something I'm missing?

Post by rad lulz » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:43 pm

d
Last edited by rad lulz on Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:54 pm

Clyde Frog wrote:I wouldn't pay sticker at any law school, period. Your three years will go by a lot easier if you're not worrying about pay back over 150k when you're done.
This should just be upped to to 250k or at least 200k henceforth. 150k debt at most schools is like at least 1/2 tuition. More than that at lots.

UnicornHunter

Diamond

Post by UnicornHunter » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:59 pm

john7234797 wrote:
californiauser wrote:
guano wrote:
californiauser wrote:I really doubt many if any people are taking out full loans to attend Cornell undergrad.
about half get schollys
Ok? And I'm sure about half have mom and dad paying their tuition
Great, so higher education is a privilege for the wealthy and should be seriously re-considered for most middle class folks who have traditionally viewed college as a ticket towards upward mobility.
Yes.

cotiger

Gold

Post by cotiger » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:00 pm

Pneumonia wrote:
Clyde Frog wrote:I wouldn't pay sticker at any law school, period. Your three years will go by a lot easier if you're not worrying about pay back over 150k when you're done.
This should just be upped to to 250k or at least 200k henceforth. 150k debt at most schools is like at least 1/2 tuition. More than that at lots.
Just because they charge a lot more these days doesn't make 150k of debt any more comfortable or even reasonable for almost any school.

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:03 pm

cotiger wrote:
Pneumonia wrote:
Just because they charge a lot more these days doesn't make 150k of debt any more comfortable or even reasonable for almost any school.
oh yeah I agree, I was just pointing out that the default figure most people use for sticker here is 150k. Frog said don't pay sticker and then that 150k is a lot. I was just trying to suggest that if a numerical values is going to be assigned to "sticker" that it should be a lot closer to 250k than 150k, especially if the goal is to dissuade people from taking those loans.

Not that we as 0L's won't continue treating it all as monopoly money though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”