Someone explain CCN to me? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
MistakenGenius

Silver

Someone explain CCN to me?

Post by MistakenGenius » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:25 am

Hey guys, so, I have a question for you. Clearly, HYS are the three top schools in the country and there's really no debate about that. That said, conventional TLS wisdom is that the next three are CCN. My question is this, if we care most about employment prospects, why is NYU thrown in with Chicago and Columbia? Don't get me wrong, NYU is an incredible school, but they don't appear to be quite at the same level as Chicago and Columbia. Their 5% clerkship, 59.5% Biglaw is nothing to sneeze at, but Chicago with 14% clerkship, 56% biglaw is a bit higher than that, and Columbia's 8% clerkship, 64% Biglaw is a good bit higher. I mean, Penn has a 10% clerkship and 66.7% Biglaw score. Also, in my mind, there's no doubt that Penn would carry more of a national reputation than NYU because of its Ivy status. So, if Columbia, Chicago, and Penn all do better than NYU, why do we lump NYU in with Columbia and Chicago instead of Penn? Again, I'm not trying to knock NYU at all, It definitely deserves its top 7 ranking, but it seems like I'm missing something here.

Diamond

Re: Someone explain CCN to me?

Post by 06102016 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:27 am

Return to “Ask a Law Student”