Patent Law Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)

Diamond

Re: Patent Law

Post by 09042014 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:35 pm

Arcticlynx wrote:
Bedsole wrote:
Bronte wrote:
Mizz wrote:Generally speaking, major will matter more for pros than lit. Law school grades will matter more for lit than pros, and will matter much more than UG major.
Not an IP guy, but this is true from my observation. A friend of mine has just a bachelor's in chemistry but was on law review at a top 14 school. He had no problem getting a job at a top firm doing IP litigation. He works on matters that don't necessarily have anything to do with chemistry.

Then again I don't know how an undergraduate is going to know whether he wants to do prosecution or litigation. Also, probably best to do the most marketable degree, both for the legal industry and in general. There's a good chance you'll decide later you don't want to do this.
On the flip side, I was median-ish at a t2 with a bachelor's in chem and I had multiple offers, primarily doing pros.
When was this?? I have a bachelor's in chem + WE and am looking at IP as a back-up (plan B) in case I can't get a job in Environmental/Public Interest right out of law school. Probably going to a first tier (15-25) school, hopefully with $$$.
It won't work as a backup plan because most IP hiring will be done before Enviro PI starts hiring.

I wouldn't go to school for enviro PI, it's over-saturated as fuck. Just get into enviro advocacy and lobbying right now. That is where the real fight is right now.

androstan

Gold

Re: Patent Law

Post by androstan » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:38 am

Major in EE. EE hiring is freaking bananas.

Study hard for LSAT and slay it. Go to LS nearly for free.

Profit.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”