Will these courses count in my LSAC gpa (hoping yes) Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
barberiolisa

New

Will these courses count in my LSAC gpa (hoping yes)

Post by barberiolisa » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:54 pm

I know on the LSAC transcript summarization page, it says that remedial courses arent factored in LSAC, unless the transcript clearly indicates that they are remedial. But what do they mean by this? That if its says (remedial english or math) that wont be counted?

Well in my case....

the courses are called Study Strategies and Reading Strategies (with no remedial in their title) and they are 1000 level courses and I got A's in both and the A's counted in my schools gpa and attempted hours.

Yes, No?

TheThriller

Gold

Re: Will these courses count in my LSAC gpa (hoping yes)

Post by TheThriller » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:05 pm

barberiolisa wrote:I know on the LSAC transcript summarization page, it says that remedial courses arent factored in LSAC, unless the transcript clearly indicates that they are remedial. But what do they mean by this? That if its says (remedial english or math) that wont be counted?

Well in my case....

the courses are called Study Strategies and Reading Strategies (with no remedial in their title) and they are 1000 level courses and I got A's in both and the A's counted in my schools gpa and attempted hours.

Yes, No?
1000 level? You're probably an auto-admit due to your undergrad's academic rigor

barberiolisa

New

Post by barberiolisa » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:09 pm

I am not sure I understand what you mean. I am sorry.

Throttle

New

Post by Throttle » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:32 pm

TheThriller wrote:
barberiolisa wrote:I know on the LSAC transcript summarization page, it says that remedial courses arent factored in LSAC, unless the transcript clearly indicates that they are remedial. But what do they mean by this? That if its says (remedial english or math) that wont be counted?

Well in my case....

Yes, No?
1000 level? You're probably an auto-admit due to your undergrad's academic rigor
Yeah WTF are you talking about, most ppl take 1000 level courses. Op I took a weight lifting class and it was 1000 level and it counted.

westie25

Bronze

Post by westie25 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:32 pm

barberiolisa wrote:I am not sure I understand what you mean. I am sorry.
The person was being sarcastic. Undergrad classes (usually) fall into 100, 200, 300, & 400 level categories.

To answer your original question, the remedial level math course I took never factored into my LSAC GPA. It was good for me, b/c I rec'vd a D for never going to the class. It wasn't listed as remedial in the course name. However, the number usually indicates the level of difficulty. It was listed as AD 1xx. AD indicated it was "academic development." Regular classes are usually listed as something like MATH 101 or HIST 101 or ENG 101.

How are your classes listed?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

barberiolisa

New

Post by barberiolisa » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:43 pm

Thanks to westie25 for answering my question I really appreciate it. That was very helpful. The courses are listed as: US 10003

US - stands for undergraduate studies.

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:51 pm

Those courses aren't remedial courses. Remedial courses are mostly high school equivalent type courses for people that are particular weak in one subject when entering college. Math is the most commonly used, with courses such as "college prep math" or "basic algebra" which is equivalent to the algebra one you took in high school. They're clearly marked and do not count towards your Gpa on your official transcript. Typically remedial courses have a course number of 0xxx.

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:23 am

barberiolisa wrote:Thanks to westie25 for answering my question I really appreciate it. That was very helpful. The courses are listed as: US 10003

US - stands for undergraduate studies.
OP, you realize that this course is not a 1000 level course, it is a 10,000 level course.

I was being sarcastic, now I am just confused on what school you are attending.

But to answer your question, and to re-iterate the above poster, If you in fact aren't a flame, these courses would not be considered as remedial.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student”