Would LSAC consider this failure on a transcript? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
barberiolisa

New

Would LSAC consider this failure on a transcript?

Post by barberiolisa » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:20 pm

My last semester of undergrad, I was hospitalized, and withdrew from the 2 other courses I was enrolled in and I received a failing grade in the third class, I appealed the grade and a W was placed on my transcript so for that semester I have 3 W grades. W grades are non-punitive at my school, however, "Semester Warning" is still written under the transcript that semester, even though I have 3 non-punitive W's. Will LSAC, read the Semester Warning and decide to count everything has F's or am I reading too much into it? Please try to help me here.

Diamond

Re: Would LSAC consider this failure on a transcript?

Post by 09042014 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:22 pm

barberiolisa wrote:My last semester of undergrad, I was hospitalized, and withdrew from the 2 other courses I was enrolled in and I received a failing grade in the third class, I appealed the grade and a W was placed on my transcript so for that semester I have 3 W grades. W grades are non-punitive at my school, however, "Semester Warning" is still written under the transcript that semester, even though I have 3 non-punitive W's. Will LSAC, read the Semester Warning and decide to count everything has F's or am I reading too much into it? Please try to help me here.
If it's non punitive it's not punitive. That said LSAC isn't consistent in how they apply it. If they apply it right, it won't be Fs.

TripTrip

Gold

Re: Would LSAC consider this failure on a transcript?

Post by TripTrip » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:24 pm

They won't count against your LSDAS GPA. However, you'll want to figure out now how you need to respond to the C&F questions.

Return to “Ask a Law Student”