When to apply Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
UtilityMonster

Bronze

When to apply

Post by UtilityMonster » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:34 pm

Is it better to apply, if one has all of the necessary materials, in September? Is there any reason to wait to Oct/Nov?

Chucky21

Bronze

Re: When to apply

Post by Chucky21 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:57 pm

UtilityMonster wrote:Is it better to apply, if one has all of the necessary materials, in September? Is there any reason to wait to Oct/Nov?
If you have everything that you need then there is no reason to hold off on your apps. Law schools use rolling admissions so the earlier you submit, the better chance you have. However, due to a decrease in applications people who apply early don't get as much as a boost as they used to. This does not mean that you should hold off for any reason. Make sure your apps are to the point, clear, and not rushed, then submit and wait.

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:22 am

A lot of fee waivers go out from Sept 20 - Oct 20. You are potentially costing yourself a lot of money for very little benefit if you apply the day they open. If you aren't taking the October LSAT I would probably submit your apps 3-4 days before Oct. scores are released to maximize your fee waiver potential and early advantage.

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:11 am

2014 wrote:A lot of fee waivers go out from Sept 20 - Oct 20. You are potentially costing yourself a lot of money for very little benefit if you apply the day they open. If you aren't taking the October LSAT I would probably submit your apps 3-4 days before Oct. scores are released to maximize your fee waiver potential and early advantage.
For those (re)taking the Oct. LSAT, is it possible to get fee waivers once these scores are released? Or should I send an email to request a fee waiver with my current lsat score?

ScratchableItch

Bronze

Post by ScratchableItch » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:48 am

MillerTheThriller wrote:
2014 wrote:A lot of fee waivers go out from Sept 20 - Oct 20. You are potentially costing yourself a lot of money for very little benefit if you apply the day they open. If you aren't taking the October LSAT I would probably submit your apps 3-4 days before Oct. scores are released to maximize your fee waiver potential and early advantage.
For those (re)taking the Oct. LSAT, is it possible to get fee waivers once these scores are released? Or should I send an email to request a fee waiver with my current lsat score?
When I retook in October of last year, I got all the fee waivers I was missing in the T-14 within a week of the scores being released. They come really quick and a few were for schools that had previously denied me when I asked.

twenty

Gold

Post by twenty » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:25 pm

LSN makes me think that the "line" to not cross is in mid-December. Excluding the possibility of a higher LSAT retake in December.

Other than that, it doesn't seem to matter a whole lot.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”