Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)

Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible?

Yes
50%
No
32%
F___ Y__
11%
Why?
5%
WITIDEven...
2%

Total votes: 242

Broseidon

Gold

Re: Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

Post by Broseidon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:10 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
tfleming09 wrote:8 pages and no limo liberal misguided bullshit about equal access to education? I am proud, bros.
Yeah, nothing helps underprivileged kids out of poverty more than life-crushing debt and no job prospects.
Hence why I suggested in another thread that creating academic requirements to get a student loan wouldn't be the worst idea, as schools would then need to up their requirements to keep pace. This would then weed out shittt schools because they wouldn't be able to accept 2.3/147 students because those students wouldn't be able to pay tuition. It would save the student from soul-crushing debt and although it may seem cruel to destroy their dreams, it would be doing them a favor. Or, it will force them to strive for something greater than mediocrity and attend a worthwhile school.

A poster responded to that by saying that it would have a racially disparate impact. Well, under the current system, all we are doing is handing out hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt to already impoverished people to attend schools that they won't be able to get a job out of. So how are we helping them get out of the chains of poverty by pushing them deeper in poverty under the current system?

Broseidon

Gold

Post by Broseidon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:18 am

tfleming09 wrote:
well TBF fatduck is trolling you :lol:
TBF I have no fucking clue when he is sincere, when he is trolling, when he is playing devil's advocate trolling, etc.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:20 am

tfleming09 wrote:
Broseidon wrote:TBF I have no fucking clue when he is sincere, when he is trolling, when he is playing devil's advocate trolling, etc.
He's my favorite poaster on here for this reason
it's an art. still, i'll defend my post. basically, you're thinking too small.

it's not just about "equal access to education" in some kind of "all people deserve opportunities waah waah" hippie sense. the problem is if you send all the poor people to vocational schools and all the rich people to universities, the poor people all end up somewhat educated, with stable enough incomes to keep them out of jail, and they'll all be in unions. meanwhile, rich people will be able to graduate from nova and make $160k/yr in a cushy, air-conditioned office.

you think this is gonna last? you're a generation away from a working class revolt, maximum.

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:23 am

Then outlaw unions, bam fixed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Dr. Filth

Silver

Post by Dr. Filth » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:25 am

Why are all the rich people going to go to law school and all the poor people to vocational school? Did I miss the part where we are cutting down access to regular four year universities?

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:25 am

Dr. Filth wrote:Why are all the rich people going to go to law school and all the poor people to vocational school? Did I miss the part where we are cutting down access to regular four year universities?
no one gets jobs from regular four year universities, remember? all degrees are worthless except engineering, and rich people don't like to work too hard.

Broseidon

Gold

Post by Broseidon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:26 am

fatduck wrote:
Dr. Filth wrote:Why are all the rich people going to go to law school and all the poor people to vocational school? Did I miss the part where we are cutting down access to regular four year universities?
no one gets jobs from regular four year universities, remember? all degrees are worthless except engineering, and rich people don't like to work too hard.
I really hope the bolded is trolling.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:28 am

Broseidon wrote:
fatduck wrote:
you're right, i guess it should have been "rich people don't like to work at all"

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Dr. Filth

Silver

Post by Dr. Filth » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:30 am

fatduck wrote:
Well this reformed system makes law school much more attractive to all potential students not just the lazy, rich lib arts students. If you go in guaranteed a job with a guarantee of big law from some schools, then I'd imagine the supply of law students would go up.

Broseidon

Gold

Post by Broseidon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:30 am

fatduck wrote:
Broseidon wrote:
fatduck wrote:
you're right, i guess it should have been "rich people don't like to work at all"
Maybe the offspring of generational wealth, but the original people who earned the money worked their asses off.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:31 am

tfleming09 wrote:
fatduck wrote:you think this is gonna last? you're a generation away from a working class revolt, maximum.
Personally I think we're pretty close to this now
the only thing keeping us on top is drugs. the secret government lab that invented crack was, in hindsight, BRILLIANT.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:32 am

Broseidon wrote:
fatduck wrote: you're right, i guess it should have been "rich people don't like to work at all"
Maybe the offspring of generational wealth, but the original people who earned the money worked their asses off.
alright, you win, andrew carnegie was a hard worker.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:33 am

fatduck wrote:
tfleming09 wrote:
fatduck wrote:you think this is gonna last? you're a generation away from a working class revolt, maximum.
the only thing keeping us on top is drugs. the secret government lab that invented crack was, in hindsight, BRILLIANT.
true story, bro.

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:36 am

fatduck wrote:
tfleming09 wrote:
What hindsight?

Broseidon

Gold

Post by Broseidon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:38 am

fatduck wrote:
Broseidon wrote:
fatduck wrote: you're right, i guess it should have been "rich people don't like to work at all"
Whatever dude. The modern day first-generation "rich" do work hard, regardless of what you might like to think. I'm sorry if I don't feel sympathy for people who work 40 hours a week and then complain that they don't have as much money as the I-bankers who put in 70+ hours a week.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:39 am

Tom Joad wrote:
fatduck wrote:
tfleming09 wrote:
What hindsight?
it was considered risky at the time because it would concentrate urban wealth in a few major dealers who would be well positioned to start a rebellion. fortunately they just became rappers.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:40 am

Broseidon wrote:
fatduck wrote:
Broseidon wrote:
Whatever dude. The modern day first-generation "rich" do work hard, regardless of what you might like to think. I'm sorry if I don't feel sympathy for people who work 40 hours a week and then complain that they don't have as much money as the I-bankers who put in 70+ hours a week.
yes, but we're talking about rich kids who are going to college, not rich people with long, successful careers.

manofjustice

Silver

Post by manofjustice » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:46 am

laxbrah420 wrote:
RedBirds2011 wrote:
laxbrah420 wrote:This question seems as dumb to me as, "Do I need a blazer".
Some of the answers are fucking retarded too though.
LOL at setting the # of law schools seats with the # of JD required jobs.
:lol: :lol:

Lol seems to work for medical schools.
Yes, the smartest kids in the country get this opportunity:
And our healthcare system is so affordable as a result!

Kwais, somebody asked "Do I need a blazer for law school' on Top-Law-Schools.com/forums
This. Is. Awesome.

manofjustice

Silver

Post by manofjustice » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:47 am

Broseidon wrote:
fatduck wrote:
Broseidon wrote:
The system is a bit rigged against the middle class.

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:49 am

manofjustice wrote:The system is a bit rigged against the middle class.
You don't say?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Broseidon

Gold

Post by Broseidon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:52 am

manofjustice wrote:The system is a bit rigged against the middle class.I want to blame other people for my failure.
FTFY

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:53 am

Tom Joad wrote:
You don't say?
the middle class is far too big as it is. Do we really need more people driving buicks?

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:54 am

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:
You don't say?
the middle class is far too big as it is. Do we really need more people driving buicks?
Nobody should be driving a Buick. EW.

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:57 am

Shifty, could you give us a long paragraph about how you hate poors?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”