US News Report Top Intellectual Property Law Schools Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
bantkiewicz

New

US News Report Top Intellectual Property Law Schools

Post by bantkiewicz » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:15 am

Does anyone have the full top 25 list? I couldn't find it and I don't want to pay for a $15 dollar pass just for that list.

And while I'm on the subject, if for example I want to settle down in Atlanta, GA because I want to go into IP/Entertainment law and that's a great city for it, do you think it would be better to go to a good instate school like UGA, or a school in another state with a good IP/Entertainment program?

Platinum

Re: US News Report Top Intellectual Property Law Schools

Post by 071816 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:16 am

Specialty rankings are useless. Don't waste your time with them.

Just go to the best school that you can get into (at a reasonable cost) that places into the region in which you want to practice.

danielhay11

Bronze

Re: US News Report Top Intellectual Property Law Schools

Post by danielhay11 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:21 pm

chimp wrote:Specialty rankings are useless. Don't waste your time with them.

Just go to the best school that you can get into (at a reasonable cost) that places into the region in which you want to practice.
^this.

The URNWR rankings would have you believe that you'd have a better chance of getting an IP job out of Houston or Santa Clara than Harvard or Yale. That's bullshit.

From what I've read, the only changes to the general LS admission process for a patent-bar eligible applicant are (a) CA schools, and by this I mostly mean S and B, get a bump because of the tech industry and (b) GW, for whatever reason, out-performs its ranking in IP.

Return to “Ask a Law Student”