Question about Dual Credit classes in H.S. and GPA Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
holley18

New

Question about Dual Credit classes in H.S. and GPA

Post by holley18 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:45 pm

While in high school, I took a number of dual credit courses and one AP course (I know the AP course will not count as it was P/F). I entered college as a soph., but 2 of those classes are pretty much useless. The point being, if I spend 4 years at my current college, will law schools look at that unfavorably? Also, for the purposes of calculating my LSDAS GPA, how would I incorporate the DC classes I took? As a junior in high school, I only took a two-part history course for both semesters, then I took a mathematics elective over the summer (useless), and in my senior year, 3 of my 4 classes were all DC. Even though I only took one class a semester my junior year, would that grade stand alone (meaning that since I got an A in the single class, my GPA would be a 4 for that semester)? Thanks

rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: Question about Dual Credit classes in H.S. and GPA

Post by rinkrat19 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:54 pm

holley18 wrote:The point being, if I spend 4 years at my current college, will law schools look at that unfavorably?
Meh. No. They really don't care.
holley18 wrote:Also, for the purposes of calculating my LSDAS GPA, how would I incorporate the DC classes I took?
They count the same as a regular class at your undergrad. (See the GPA calculator at LSP: http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-co ... ulator.htm)
Contact whatever institution gave you the college credit for the classes and have a transcript sent to LSAC just like from your undergrad.
holley18 wrote:Even though I only took one class a semester my junior year, would that grade stand alone (meaning that since I got an A in the single class, my GPA would be a 4 for that semester)? Thanks
Yep. 4.0 that term. The community college that gave me 12 credits during high school even counted it as 'Dean's List', so I have an extra term of honors. :P

holley18

New

Post by holley18 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:58 pm

^Thanks! Does anyone else have any other input?

J-e-L-L-o

Bronze

Post by J-e-L-L-o » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:28 am

If its dual enrollment, then it counts as a college class. I grad hs with 2 AP and 2 dual credit classes. Yes I have to submit them to every college (and a I transferred a ton).

If its transferable college credit, regardless of grade, it counts. That simple.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”