question about LOCI Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Schang1

Bronze

question about LOCI

Post by Schang1 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:39 pm

I was curious to know how LOCIs worked. I've read somewhere that one applicant is planning to submit LOCIs every two weeks and I've read somewhere else that you only send LOCIs when you get waitlisted. Is there no point of sending LOCIs before a WL decision has been made?

rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: question about LOCI

Post by rinkrat19 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:46 pm

The person planning to send a LOCI every two weeks is just going to annoy the adcomms.

I think waiting until you're waitlisted is pretty typical. That's why it's a letter of continuing interest.

JoeMo

Gold

Post by JoeMo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:48 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:The person planning to send a LOCI every two weeks is just going to annoy the adcomms.

I think waiting until you're waitlisted is pretty typical. That's why it's a letter of continuing interest.
co-sign. The person sending LOCI's every 2 weeks is probably misinformed and thinks it will improve his/her chances but will actually probably end up getting them a rejection. ESPECIALLY, if they start now when a lot of places haven't even started making offers yet.

Wait until you're waitlisted and then the school will ask for one.

Schang1

Bronze

Post by Schang1 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:52 pm

Thanks guys :) I thought I had to write another essay or get another recommendation immediately. Phew.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”