Will These Grades Get Counted Into LSAC GPA? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
qtrw

New

Will These Grades Get Counted Into LSAC GPA?

Post by qtrw » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:44 pm

I have a question about my grades. On my transcript I have the following grades: FN, DN, & CN. These grades [F, D, & C - not sure what the "N" stands for] were replaced when I signed up for the same classes again. So, will these grades get counted into my lsac gpa?

albanach

Gold

Re: Will These Grades Get Counted Into LSAC GPA?

Post by albanach » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:49 pm

qtrw wrote:I have a question about my grades. On my transcript I have the following grades: FN, DN, & CN. These grades [F, D, & C - not sure what the "N" stands for] were replaced when I signed up for the same classes again. So, will these grades get counted into my lsac gpa?
Try the LSAC website: http://www.lsac.org/policies/transcript ... zation.asp

Grades Excluded From Conversion
  • The original grade for a repeated course when the transcript does not show both the grade and the units for the original attempt. The total number of credits assigned to these grades will appear on the applicant's academic summary, but will not be included in the GPA calculation.
So from that it reads like if the grade for the original attempt is removed from your transcript it will not be counted. If the transcript shows both grades, it will be.

bhan87

Silver

Post by bhan87 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:09 pm

qtrw wrote:I have a question about my grades. On my transcript I have the following grades: FN, DN, & CN. These grades [F, D, & C - not sure what the "N" stands for] were replaced when I signed up for the same classes again. So, will these grades get counted into my lsac gpa?
Most likely yes. Your transcript will probably explain that these grades were retaken in a subsequent semester, but because the actual grades show up on the transcript, LSAC will probably count them.

TrojanHopeful

Bronze

Post by TrojanHopeful » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:23 pm

I called LSAC and asked about this. The following is what was explained to me: If BOTH the original grade and the credit hours show on the transcript, then they will count both grades towards your lsdas gpa. If the credit hours do not show with the original grade, then only the repeated grade will count towards your lsdas gpa.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”