Law Review Write-on v. Grade-on Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
kazootey

New

Law Review Write-on v. Grade-on

Post by kazootey » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:35 pm

Do employers view being on a write-on only law review differently than a grade-on law review? Or is it entirely irrelevant? Also, do employers consider the acceptance rate of a particular law review when evaluating an applicant? I wonder because I always thought of Law Review as being a somewhat special group of students, but it turns out that some prestigious journals have acceptance rates of over 50%. I wonder if that matters at all.

Cavalier

Gold

Re: Law Review Write-on v. Grade-on

Post by Cavalier » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:40 pm

kazootey wrote:Do employers view being on a write-on only law review differently than a grade-on law review? Or is it entirely irrelevant? Also, do employers consider the acceptance rate of a particular law review when evaluating an applicant? I wonder because I always thought of Law Review as being a somewhat special group of students, but it turns out that some prestigious journals have acceptance rates of over 50%. I wonder if that matters at all.
Employers don't know the selection process for any particular law review, so it means the same thing regardless of your school. Employers also don't care how you got onto law review, but remember that grades are still the most important factor. Law review grade-ons do better because their grades are superior to the write-ons' grades.

Return to “Ask a Law Student”