Which one is LSDAS GPA on academic summary report? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
forps

New

Which one is LSDAS GPA on academic summary report?

Post by forps » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:04 pm

I have on the bottom of the report on the left side "Degree GPA" and on the right side "Cumulative GPA" which one is the one law school is going to use when assessing my admission?

Thanks in advance for any input!

paratactical

Platinum

Re: Which one is LSDAS GPA on academic summary report?

Post by paratactical » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:12 pm

They will take all of the grades on your transcript and calculate the GPA themselves. You can find a calcuator that will help you figure it out here:

http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-co ... ulator.htm

Magnolia

Silver

Post by Magnolia » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:14 pm

forps wrote:I have on the bottom of the report on the left side "Degree GPA" and on the right side "Cumulative GPA" which one is the one law school is going to use when assessing my admission?

They'll use the cumulative gpa, which includes your grades from every school vs. degree gpa, which is only your grades from your degree-granting school.

e: I'm assuming you mean on the LSAC academic summary report. If you mean your school's academic summary report, then what Para said.

forps

New

Post by forps » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:14 pm

paratactical wrote:They will take all of the grades on your transcript and calculate the GPA themselves. You can find a calcuator that will help you figure it out here:

http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-co ... ulator.htm
Thank you
:P
I meant academic summary from LSAC website so calculation is not necessary but thank you
Magnolia wrote:
forps wrote:I have on the bottom of the report on the left side "Degree GPA" and on the right side "Cumulative GPA" which one is the one law school is going to use when assessing my admission?

They'll use the cumulative gpa, which includes your grades from every school vs. degree gpa, which is only your grades from your degree-granting school.

e: I'm assuming you mean on the LSAC academic summary report. If you mean your school's academic summary report, then what Para said.
Thank you for clarification!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”