Getting to Maybe Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
angua

Bronze

Getting to Maybe

Post by angua » Tue May 24, 2011 7:56 pm

I'm reading through it as a 0L and finding that I'm missing some of the "forks"/potential arguments to be made. I think it's because I don't know the substantive law. Obviously this is something that will be fixed by, um, going to law school. Similarly, I plan to listen through the LEEWS CDs, but I don't have enough knowledge to do practice essays. Is there any point to studying up now so that I can practice on hypos? Or should I chill the fuck out and wait until fall semester starts, when I'll know what my prof *actually* wants me to learn, instead of indiscriminately trying to learn everything in E&E?

Grizz

Diamond

Re: Getting to Maybe

Post by Grizz » Tue May 24, 2011 7:57 pm

Chill the fuck out. Re-read GtM over Thanksgiving.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Tue May 24, 2011 8:01 pm

pretty sure you just answered your own question

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Tue May 24, 2011 8:03 pm

Yea seriously man you need to calm down. Grasp the main concepts now and re-read it later. That's what I'm planning on doing during 1L (I am a 0L who also read GTM btw).

Kilpatrick

Silver

Post by Kilpatrick » Tue May 24, 2011 8:03 pm

Reading GTM over the summer is just to introduce you to the concept of what taking a law school exam is like. Don't worry about any of the substantive law stuff. That's why you re-read it again closer to exam time

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Tue May 24, 2011 8:41 pm

angua wrote:I'm reading through it as a 0L and finding that I'm missing some of the "forks"/potential arguments to be made. I think it's because I don't know the substantive law. Obviously this is something that will be fixed by, um, going to law school. Similarly, I plan to listen through the LEEWS CDs, but I don't have enough knowledge to do practice essays. Is there any point to studying up now so that I can practice on hypos? Or should I chill the fuck out and wait until fall semester starts, when I'll know what my prof *actually* wants me to learn, instead of indiscriminately trying to learn everything in E&E?
Chill the fuck out. The important thing for now is that you understand that there are forks (i.e. there isn't a right answer and a wrong answer), which will prepare you to identify the forks as you study the law over the semester.

IronHBM

New

Post by IronHBM » Tue May 24, 2011 8:48 pm

Just relax over the summer and don't worry so much about knowing what to write for hypos. Read GTM (and other 0L prep materials) during your free time in order to get an idea of what to expect and then look over specific parts as exam time comes around.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student”