So law school = love life in a cryogenic freeze? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
AlabamaIceman

New

So law school = love life in a cryogenic freeze?

Post by AlabamaIceman » Tue May 03, 2011 9:15 am

Not that this is incredibly important, but I thought I would post it anyway for the hell of it since I'm bored this morning.

I'm at the end of my junior year here in undergrad, and law school is the plan. I've never really been in a serious relationship, though I've messed around a bit, nothing's ever stuck.

So now bearing in mind that I might (hopefully) be moving off to Massachusetts or Cali in a year and a half, I'm sort of subconsciously assuming that I shouldn't try to meet anyone, and furthermore once I get to law school everyone good is going to be engaged and married. Is this close to the truth at all?

I mean, I watched the documentary about post top-law-schools.com called The Firm with Tom Cruise, so I know how that sort of thing goes once you make it that far. :wink:

BlueDiamond

Silver

Re: So law school = love life in a cryogenic freeze?

Post by BlueDiamond » Tue May 03, 2011 9:20 am

Somehow I read this whole thing.. I literally laughed out loud when I read The Firm is a documentary

Aberzombie1892

Gold

Post by Aberzombie1892 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:25 am

Just do what you want to do. I wouldn't go out of my way to meet someone (for a long term relationship) if I"m planning to move out of state for law school.

You will have a love life in law school if that is what you want, but I warn you that law school is like high school and you should keep that in mind if you decide to date one of your classmates.

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:28 am

Aberzombie1892 wrote:law school is like high school and you should keep that in mind if you decide to date one of your classmates.
This. Dear god, this.

AlabamaIceman

New

Post by AlabamaIceman » Tue May 03, 2011 9:29 am

Aberzombie1892 wrote:but I warn you that law school is like high school and you should keep that in mind if you decide to date one of your classmates.
Meaning immaturity and gossip?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FantasticMrFox

Silver

Post by FantasticMrFox » Tue May 03, 2011 3:43 pm

BlueDiamond wrote:Somehow I read this whole thing.. I literally laughed out loud when I read The Firm is a documentary
HAHAHAHA :lol:
Oh man, but I have to admit John Grisham does a relatively good job in alluring the materialistic (with a slight hint of adventure-seeking) into the legal profession. Runaway Jury is my favorite "documentary" :P

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Tue May 03, 2011 10:51 pm

We were told by a current student at ASW: "Whatever you do, do NOT date within your section!" Seemed like sound advice to me.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Tue May 03, 2011 11:09 pm

AlabamaIceman wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:but I warn you that law school is like high school and you should keep that in mind if you decide to date one of your classmates.
Meaning immaturity and gossip?
Only worse.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student”