Small Gpa differences. Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
BSC

Bronze

Small Gpa differences.

Post by BSC » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:00 pm

I'm in the middle of planning out classes for the next semester and ran into something. Is the difference between a 3.87 and 3.90 significant enough to take an extra semesters worth of class during a span of two semesters and two summers? Right now, if i keep up all A's i sit at applying with a 3.87, but can get a 3.9 with a little extra work. is it worth it, or should i spend more of my time mastering the lsat?

bk1

Diamond

Re: Small Gpa differences.

Post by bk1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:06 pm

It's only going to matter at schools that have a GPA median of 3.87-3.89.

Since I think this is only Harvard/Stanford, if you are aiming at those schools then I think it is worth it.

St.Remy

Silver

Post by St.Remy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:14 pm

bk187 wrote:It's only going to matter at schools that have a GPA median of 3.87-3.89.

Since I think this is only Harvard/Stanford, if you are aiming at those schools then I think it is worth it.
I feel like it might also play a role in getting $$$, since breaking the 3.9 mark looks pretty good even if it is only a few hundredths higher that a 3.87. OP, having a higher GPA can only help, so unless you feel the little extra work would detract from your LSAT prep I say go for it.

chasgoose

Silver

Post by chasgoose » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:47 am

Depends on where your LSAT score is now. If you are already getting continued 175+ scores on PTs taken under somewhat simulated conditions than probably that 0.03 GPA boost will be worthwhile, but otherwise it won't really matter as much as getting your LSAT up to snuff. 1 or 2 points on your LSAT is worth more than that (maybe not at Stanford, but they are weird anyways) but definitely at Harvard.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”