Do I need to disclose speeding tickets for UW-Madison? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
LegallyBlonde77

New

Do I need to disclose speeding tickets for UW-Madison?

Post by LegallyBlonde77 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:06 pm

I was issued a citation for speeding over three years ago and did not disclose this on my application to the University of Wisconsin. Currently I am waitlisted at UW and it is my top choice of schools. Should I disclose this speeding ticket? Will it negatively affect my admission to the Wisconsin Bar Association? Any insight is greatly appreciated!

loblaw

Bronze

Re: Do I need to disclose speeding tickets for UW-Madison?

Post by loblaw » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:11 pm

I did their application--yes, you should have disclosed it. I would send it after the LOCI, but you should definitely send it in a VERY brief addendum. No, the bar won't care. Speeding is not a C&F issue. Nobody cares.

Kaves

New

Post by Kaves » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:20 pm

LegallyBlonde77 wrote:I was issued a citation for speeding over three years ago and did not disclose this on my application to the University of Wisconsin. Currently I am waitlisted at UW and it is my top choice of schools. Should I disclose this speeding ticket? Will it negatively affect my admission to the Wisconsin Bar Association? Any insight is greatly appreciated!
I was at the ASW last weekend and they made it very clear that you absolutely have to disclose that info, and that they dont care at all but their file and the C&F file after graduation need to match.

Verity

Silver

Post by Verity » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:22 pm

loblaw wrote:I did their application--yes, you should have disclosed it. I would send it after the LOCI, but you should definitely send it in a VERY brief addendum. No, the bar won't care. Speeding is not a C&F issue. Nobody cares.
But they DO care about failure to disclose accurate information, especially when requested. It's not worth the risk to be lazy.

loblaw

Bronze

Post by loblaw » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:29 pm

Verity wrote:
loblaw wrote:I did their application--yes, you should have disclosed it. I would send it after the LOCI, but you should definitely send it in a VERY brief addendum. No, the bar won't care. Speeding is not a C&F issue. Nobody cares.
But they DO care about failure to disclose accurate information, especially when requested. It's not worth the risk to be lazy.
Exactly. Why risk appearing dishonest when no one cares about a stupid speeding ticket?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”