Character and fitness question Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
glitter178

Silver

Character and fitness question

Post by glitter178 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Delete
Last edited by glitter178 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheTopBloke

Bronze

Re: Character and fitness question

Post by TheTopBloke » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:50 pm

Don't worry about character and fitness. Just be honest. You'd be surprised, certain lawyers practicing or teaching, and their backgrounds, it would blow your mind. This character and fitness nonsense is blown way way way out of proportion.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:52 pm

C&F is serious business, but your concerns are nothing to be concerned about.

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:57 pm

Phew, thanks guys.

joebloe

Bronze

Post by joebloe » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:33 pm

Kind of a useful link I found some time ago when worrying about C&F issues:

--LinkRemoved--, look for articles titled "Litigation update"; there are a number of C&F cases that get litigated and have interesting published opinions. I have no idea of those would be of any help, but I found them soothing at least in that they provided a look into the workings of this fearsome beast we call C&F.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JPrezy87

Bronze

Post by JPrezy87 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:48 am

joebloe wrote:Kind of a useful link I found some time ago when worrying about C&F issues:

--LinkRemoved--, look for articles titled "Litigation update"; there are a number of C&F cases that get litigated and have interesting published opinions. I have no idea of those would be of any help, but I found them soothing at least in that they provided a look into the workings of this fearsome beast we call C&F.
jesus...people are tripping this much over Character and fitness evals?! it's not like it's a security clearance people come on... :lol:

androstan

Gold

Post by androstan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:35 am

JPrezy87 wrote:
joebloe wrote:Kind of a useful link I found some time ago when worrying about C&F issues:

jesus...people are tripping this much over Character and fitness evals?! it's not like it's a security clearance people come on... :lol:
GWU wrote:Bar Application.
a. Visit the Board of Law Examiners website for your state via http://www.ncbex.org.
b. Request or download the bar exam application.
c. Allow at least 6-8 weeks to complete the application, which is similar to security clearance in detail and scope. You will need ample time to secure information, to be fully accurate and complete, as an incorrect application will lead to difficulties in the process and may cause character and fitness questions to arise.
d. Application fees vary for first-time applicants.
e. Some employers provide assistance with the fees. Many do not.
f. Select references carefully and provide sufficient time for reference submission.
g. Secure assistance from Records and/or University Registrar in a timely fashion.
h. Fingerprints, handwriting samples, and/or notarized documents may be necessary. Allow ample time.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student”