Credential Assembly Service Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
greg737

New

Credential Assembly Service

Post by greg737 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:00 pm

So there is this CAS on the LSAC website. I'm looking for a way to save money and, though it says "most" schools accept this and I know it is the online submission method, is it something you HAVE to buy? I just want to make sure I'm not going to pay for something that really isn't necessary.

So, basically, if you're going to be applying to a handful of law schools, do you have to buy this feature? Thanks.

kalvano

Diamond

Re: Credential Assembly Service

Post by kalvano » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:18 pm

A lot of schools only accept online submissions.

You're about to potentially drop $100K plus on education. Go ahead and pay for it.

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Is it absolutely necessary? Maybe not depending on which handful of schools to which you plan to apply... but it is definitely worth it. It streamlines the entire process, and there is a good chance you will save more money by using it through receiving "hidden" fee waivers from schools. Plus, as kalvano said, many schools only accept online applications.

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:30 pm

greg737 wrote:So there is this CAS on the LSAC website. I'm looking for a way to save money and, though it says "most" schools accept this and I know it is the online submission method, is it something you HAVE to buy? I just want to make sure I'm not going to pay for something that really isn't necessary.

So, basically, if you're going to be applying to a handful of law schools, do you have to buy this feature? Thanks.
Buy it. You dont want to limit the schools you can apply to because you didnt get the CAS and they wont accept your paper application.

If the price is too high, try to get an LSAC fee waiver. Thats what I did, and TRUST ME it comes in handy!

NJcollegestudent

Bronze

Post by NJcollegestudent » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:08 pm

greg737 wrote:So there is this CAS on the LSAC website. I'm looking for a way to save money and, though it says "most" schools accept this and I know it is the online submission method, is it something you HAVE to buy? I just want to make sure I'm not going to pay for something that really isn't necessary.

Some schools explicitly state that you must buy it, and thus you will need it. It is 124 dollars for five years worth of service, and it does make everything quite simple, and saves money on stamps and requires very little printing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”