LSDAS GPA Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Curry

LSDAS GPA

Post by Curry » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:41 pm

Hi Guys,

I was just checking the LSACNET.ORG transcript list for my personal school and I am slightly confused.

I took a class and got a C- which I then repeated and got a B- (I know, I was stupid for repeating it and I never should have). My school's transcript lists the class with a C- and then says that it is excluded from the GPA and shows the repeat a little further down with the B-.

Given this, I was under the assumption that LSAC will count both the C- and the B- which I was fine with (not really but I've grown to accept it and moved on).

The LSACnet.org website however scares me because it seems to be implying that the "excluded from GPA" classes at my school are equivalent to F's. I'm inserting an image to give you a better picture. Can anybody shed any light on this?

--ImageRemoved--

xyzzzzzzzz

Bronze

Re: LSDAS GPA

Post by xyzzzzzzzz » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:40 pm

:wink:
Last edited by xyzzzzzzzz on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:15 pm

No, you're reading it wrong. What the chart says is that your school doesn't count NP in its own GPA, while LSAC does count NP as an F. Your B- and C-will be counted separately. In other words, "NP grades are excluded from school's GPA," not "grades excluded from GPA are NP."

Curry

Post by Curry » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:23 pm

Phew, thanks guys.

That keeps me close to a 3.7 and in the running for a T14 :)

xyzzzzzzzz

Bronze

Post by xyzzzzzzzz » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:22 pm

8)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”