Pre-Law Vacation Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Bert

Bronze

Pre-Law Vacation

Post by Bert » Wed May 05, 2010 11:10 pm

So, from everything I have read and been told, people advocate enjoying the summer before law school as it is the last one you will have for a while. Even attorneys with whom I work are encouraging me to run up the debt a bit to totally relax for law school. To that end, I am planning a trip for me and my SO -- don't know where just yet, but ideally it will have two out of three: (1) will be tropical, (2) will be on the Pacific, and (3) surfing will be involved. Is anybody else planning a vacation before law school? Where are you all heading or what are you doing?

memaha

Bronze

Re: Pre-Law Vacation

Post by memaha » Thu May 06, 2010 10:15 am

Maui has all three of those elements... :)

As for myself, I'm heading to Southeast Asia for June and going through Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, and Cambodia. I'm pretty excited to be completely stress-free for a month before heading to 1L hell. Also excited for the amazing and cheap food!

cr073137

Bronze

Post by cr073137 » Thu May 06, 2010 10:27 am

Well, I'm having three kinds of vacation, the first, I already started in NYC, which pretty much consists of going out every day and party my face off. The second, is a vacation of site seeing and enjoying something new,so im headed to Montreal (the only thing I could afford), and then, im having a third vacation so I could rest from my other two vacation and probably will go to somewhere nice, without tourist, like a deserted beach in Costa Rica.

Gold

Post by 270910 » Thu May 06, 2010 1:21 pm

DO IT. Take pictures.

God I want an island right now

*shakes fist at Law School*

Bert

Bronze

Post by Bert » Thu May 06, 2010 1:25 pm

cr073137 wrote:Well, I'm having three kinds of vacation, the first, I already started in NYC, which pretty much consists of going out every day and party my face off. The second, is a vacation of site seeing and enjoying something new,so im headed to Montreal (the only thing I could afford), and then, im having a third vacation so I could rest from my other two vacation and probably will go to somewhere nice, without tourist, like a deserted beach in Costa Rica.
Costa Rica is awesome!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Thu May 06, 2010 1:30 pm

I've got a lot of trips planned. First I think I'm heading to my estate in the woods to spend some quality time with the wilderness. Then I'm planning a trip to Afghan to meet up with some friends. Might check out a quarry while I'm there. I really want to go to a few villages in Brazil, but I don't know how many I'll have time for (definitely going to check out a favela, though). If I can convince my friends I'll probably spend a little time searching through a scrapyard, just to see if I can find any hidden treasures. Finally, we'll head back to the terminal, catch a flight back to the city, and party on the highrise rooftops.

It's going to be awesome.

joeshmo39

Silver

Post by joeshmo39 » Thu May 06, 2010 1:31 pm

I am trying to convince people to go to Toronto with me. I don't know why, I just picked it.

GobiasIndustries

Bronze

Post by GobiasIndustries » Thu May 06, 2010 3:49 pm

I'm thinking about where my SO and I could go this summer, too. Problem is we have like, no money. Stupid her being a student and me having a lame job...

wakefield

Bronze

Post by wakefield » Thu May 06, 2010 3:57 pm

caribbean cruise ftw! for $550 all-inclusive, my pre-law friend and i will be relaxing in the sun and sipping tropical drinks for a week.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student”