Going to law school with a BS/BA Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
JimCarrey728

New

Going to law school with a BS/BA

Post by JimCarrey728 » Sun May 02, 2010 3:33 pm

Hi, Im currently a junior in college, finishing up a Political Science BA degree. I am thinking of getting a BS in Adolescent Education too with a Certification in Social Studies. I hope to probably teach for a few years, and then go to law school. Are their many education majors who go to law school? What do you think of my plans? I just really need to bring my GPA up. It is about a 3.21

redsox

Silver

Re: Going to law school with a BS/BA

Post by redsox » Sun May 02, 2010 3:38 pm

JimCarrey728 wrote:Hi, Im currently a junior in college, finishing up a Political Science BA degree. I am thinking of getting a BS in Adolescent Education too with a Certification in Social Studies. I hope to probably teach for a few years, and then go to law school. Are their many education majors who go to law school? What do you think of my plans? I just really need to bring my GPA up. It is about a 3.21
Hi, Jim. Nice to meet you. I think your plans are swell.

Kilpatrick

Silver

Post by Kilpatrick » Sun May 02, 2010 3:54 pm

LSDAS GPA only counts your GPA up to your first bachelors degree. If you want to be a lawyer, go to law school. Teaching for a year or two isn't really going to help you that much.

Cactus

Bronze

Post by Cactus » Sun May 02, 2010 4:36 pm

If you really want to teach for a few years, go for it. Just make sure you don't finish all of your credits needed for the BA in Political Science. Hold onto a few required Poli Sci classes and finish those up as you are acquiring your dual degree in Education.

KingJames6

New

Post by KingJames6 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:25 am

Kilpatrick wrote:LSDAS GPA only counts your GPA up to your first bachelors degree. If you want to be a lawyer, go to law school. Teaching for a year or two isn't really going to help you that much.
What if I am double majoring and plan to finish my BA in History and BS in Anthro in undergrad. Should I make sure that I finish them the same term to ensure that all of my credits are counted for my GPA?

Borhas

Platinum

www.top-law-schools.com

Post by Borhas » Mon May 17, 2010 4:33 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”