Graduating in the summer? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Lafakad

New

Graduating in the summer?

Post by Lafakad » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:30 am

Would graduating in the summer of my senior year (instead of the spring), hurt my chances or even be declined a chance of admission to a law school?

Also would graduating a year early hurt or help my application in anyway?

Thanks

Genki

Bronze

Re: Graduating in the summer?

Post by Genki » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:41 am

Lafakad wrote:

Thanks
That depends on how you spend your extra time between graduation and law school. If you spent it on something meaningful you could use your experiences in your applications and it might be useful. Otherwise, I doubt it will make a difference.

Lafakad

New

Post by Lafakad » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:07 am

Genki wrote:
Lafakad wrote:

Thanks
That depends on how you spend your extra time between graduation and law school. If you spent it on something meaningful you could use your experiences in your applications and it might be useful. Otherwise, I doubt it will make a difference.
Can't I just not take a year off and go straight to law school?

inthefuture

New

Post by inthefuture » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:30 am

Genki wrote: Also would graduating a year early hurt or help my application in anyway?

Thanks

what are examples of something meaningful?

fcowrx

Bronze

Post by fcowrx » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:29 pm

Lafakad wrote:Would graduating in the summer of my senior year (instead of the spring), hurt my chances or even be declined a chance of admission to a law school?
Hasn't seemed to have an adverse affect on my cycle...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

holydonkey

Silver

Post by holydonkey » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:34 pm

Lafakad wrote:Would graduating in the summer of my senior year (instead of the spring), hurt my chances or even be declined a chance of admission to a law school?

Thanks
Depends on if it will impact your gpa significantly. If no, no. If yes, yes.

No.

twopoodles

Bronze

Post by twopoodles » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:04 pm

I think you have to pay careful attention to what day you would have officially graduated, versus what day your final transcript must be received by the law school...otherwise, I don't think it really matters much.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:34 pm

If you can get a degree granting transcript to the school by the first day of law school you are fine. According to the condition to the offer of admission I received, I must have an official degree granting transcript sent prior to registration including the date when my degree is conferred. If one is not available, I can have the registrar send a letter stating that I have met all degree requirements, followed by the transcript when it becomes available.

Graduating a year early probably doesn't have much effect. I am essentially finishing in 2.5 years. I don't think it impacted me in anyway, although I am much older. You GPA is much more important.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student”