Eearly Decision Dates for t14 Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
thomas85

New

Eearly Decision Dates for t14

Post by thomas85 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:54 pm

Is there a definitive list for when to expect replies from early decision applications at t14 schools? I know it varies every year but I want to start planning how I am going to stagger my applications next cycle and I have heard rumors that schools like Duke & Harvard might even let you know before thanksgiving.

kittenmittons

Silver

Re: Eearly Decision Dates for t14

Post by kittenmittons » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:56 pm

thomas85 wrote:Is there a definitive list for when to expect replies from early decision applications at t14 schools? I know it varies every year but I want to start planning how I am going to stagger my applications next cycle and I have heard rumors that schools like Duke & Harvard might even let you know before thanksgiving.
1) do them over the summer
2) turn them all in the day apps come out
3) ?????
4) profit

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:02 pm

Harvard does not offer ED.

irie

Bronze

Post by irie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:06 pm

completely off the top of my head...

cornell EA guarantees a very early response

duke priority track also responds very early

just go look up some of the "IN AT ______ LAW SCHOOL" threads in this forum and you'll see when people start hearing.

columbia and NYU are usually first week of December, chicago is a bit later than that.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:08 pm

thomas85 wrote:Is there a definitive list for when to expect replies from early decision applications at t14 schools? I know it varies every year but I want to start planning how I am going to stagger my applications next cycle and I have heard rumors that schools like Duke & Harvard might even let you know before thanksgiving.
UVa is 15 days.

NU is usually by Jan 1.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sumus romani

Silver

Post by sumus romani » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:10 pm

UVA extended their ED period this cycle. Didn't Gtown too? Well, in any case, it may very well be the case that this happens every year (I don't mean with UVA or Gtown every year). So, if you are willing to pay sticker to go to the highest school you can get into, then you may very well want to ED early to a reach, and then do one later (or switch to ED) if the first one doesn't take. Seems like a good strategy to me if you are willing to pay sticker for your best possible school.

Aeon

Silver

Post by Aeon » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:23 pm

This guide contains some very useful information regarding applying Early Decision to schools: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 22&t=80021.

I'd keep in mind that the exact deadlines and policies might change from year to year, so you should keep an eye on information coming directly from the respective schools that interest you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student”