Significant other in section Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
bissey

Bronze

Re: Significant other in section

Post by bissey » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:22 pm

Last edited by bissey on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:27 pm

I smell a sitcom.

ughOSU

Bronze

Post by ughOSU » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:02 pm

b.gump81 wrote:Save some horrible break-up, can anyone think of any possible problems with this?
Everyone in your section will think you're co-dependent weirdos for wanting to be in the same school and section. I suppose probably not everyone, but at least I would. I would also think that you were a wimp for allowing that kind of thing to happen, and I would think you were both weird for wanting zero space and zero time for anyone else outside of just you two. And seriously, be careful about the same "circle of friends" thing. Usually the girls pick out those circles of friends and try to quash out any single guys because they view them as a bad influence on their boyfriends. Before you know it your balls will be in a jar on her nightstand.

disclaimer: no one should ever take relationship advice from me.

AllBusiness

New

Post by AllBusiness » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:18 pm

I didn't read all the replies in this thread, but here are my two cents.

My girlfriend and I will very likely be attending the same law school next year. We intend to stay out of each other's sections. If by some machination of fate we end up in the same section, we will speak to the dean (or whomever) and ask to be placed in different sections. We will live together and do not want to have to endure each other all day long at school as well. It really helps to have some individual time, and plus, it makes the time that you do spend together all the more enjoyable. Speaking for myself, I would quickly get sick of her if I had to spend all goddamn day with her, every day. I love her, but people just need their space.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”