Anyone else meet somone and now the decision is complicated Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
ashamedhandle1

New

Anyone else meet somone and now the decision is complicated

Post by ashamedhandle1 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:56 pm

I know I should write in to The View... :P

I can't decide where to go, its like a dead heat with 6 schools. And I've been seeing someone for a little while, nothing crazy serious.

And now I'm worried it's gonna affect my decision cause they only live close to one school. But I know I should block it out and make the best decision for me.

JC, it's like I'm 16 again. haha

Lonagan

Bronze

Re: Anyone else meet somone and now the decision is complicated

Post by Lonagan » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:05 pm

I have been shrugging off all attention from the opposite sex for precisely this reason.

thalassocrat

Bronze

Post by thalassocrat » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:08 pm

If y'all break up right before 1L will you still be happy going to that school? If the answer is yes, and if there is absolutely nothing else that could make you pick one school over another, then I'd say go for it. If the answer is no, then you probably shouldn't go to that school either way.

cardnal124

Bronze

Post by cardnal124 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:09 pm

Lonagan wrote:I have been shrugging off all attention from the opposite sex for precisely this reason.
Oh, that's why you haven't had sex in 3 years?

And to OP. Go to the best school for you. You have 5 months before you go and if you want to be together after that and she does too it will work out (either she will move to you or you can transfer after a year). However, most relationships don't work, so remember to wear protection, have fun, and go to the school you want to go to. And relax dude, you're not in law school yet, don't stress out.

taw856

Bronze

Post by taw856 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:11 pm

I'm waiting for the Lonagan inverse... first commenter who's actively bagging people (s)he'd stay the hell away from if there wasn't a good excuse for moving in 5 months...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:23 pm

No piece of ass is worth shortchanging your future for. Everyone thinks that they've met "the one" at some point in time, but seldomly is that person "the one".

I also have been avoiding getting serious with anyone precisely because i dont want to get attached to anyone. Its not bad at all. Spring break is coming up and I am so looking forward to it. No ball and chain.

apper123

Silver

Post by apper123 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:53 pm

When I made my law school decision I had a pretty serious girlfriend who I tried my hardest to not make a part of the decision, knowing the volatility of the future.

It was impossible, however, to completely remove that variable from the decision, and I would be remiss if I didn't say it did factor in to my decision and likely served as a tie-breaker for two schools. We broke up a month later and I doubted my decision, but looking back on it now I'm 100% certain I still made the right choice and would have still made that choice girlfriend or no girlfriend. So my best advice to you would be to minimize it as much as possible, but realize you are human and it will be very difficult to eliminate it all together.

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:56 pm

It shouldn't really factor much into your decision, especially since you say its not that serious.

acdisagod

Bronze

Post by acdisagod » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:57 pm

I disagree with the other posters, I think it should be an important part of your decision if you're serious about here. I studied abroad at an elite institution for a year and it was damaging for our relationship and it just wasn't as fun as if she was there. I would rather end up at a Fordham and be with her then end up at a Cornell without her. That being said, don't go to a school you wouldn't be happy with if you broke up.

hotdog123

Bronze

Post by hotdog123 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:49 pm

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student”