Law Professors--Fair Graders? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
vtoodler

Bronze

Law Professors--Fair Graders?

Post by vtoodler » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:31 pm

Do you think most law professors are fair graders? I hear that their grading is so subjective that it's random? Is that true?

nealric

Re: Law Professors--Fair Graders?

Post by nealric » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:51 pm

I think for the most part they are quite fair. My grades have also been remarkably consistent throughout my law school career, so that potentially taints my perception. I've never been terribly surprised by a grade.

Most people will tell you that the difference between an A and a C is never due to luck (unless your computer crashed during the exam or something), but the difference between a B+ and an A- could definitely be due to luck. Profs will tell you the exams in the middle of the curve are always the hardest to grade.

RVP11

Gold

Re: Law Professors--Fair Graders?

Post by RVP11 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:27 pm

vtoodler wrote:Do you think most law professors are fair graders? I hear that their grading is so subjective that it's random? Is that true?
Only one semester in, but I thought mine were pretty fair. I would have given myself the same grades. I got my best grades on the exams I walked out knowing I'd nailed, got my worst grade on the exam I knew I'd muffed, and got a middling grade on the exam on which I wasn't sure either way.

Return to “Ask a Law Student”