Fears about Law School Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
letsdoit1982

Bronze

Re: Fears about Law School

Post by letsdoit1982 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:25 pm

aleighp wrote:not getting into any school. and then once I get in (crossing fingers) I'm sure I'll freak out that I've gotten in/workload that I'll have - it will be 5 years this year since I've graduated from college/worked in the real world. I'm afraid that my brain won't work, and that I won't be at the top of the class like I was during college. the debt I'll have after graduating. I've also been in a serious relationship with my bf for 4 years and I'm afraid that we won't see each other much with my law school demands and his PhD demands. ummm...the list could go on and on!!!
+1 to that

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:39 pm

I'm afraid of having to pick between Cravath or a SCOTUS clerkship if/when I get both. I'll be 22 when I graduate, i'm too young for those kinds of decisions.

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:49 pm

"In whatever you're doing, failure is an option, but fear is not."

Interested to hear what people in this thread think about James Cameron's quote. :lol:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/02/13/c ... index.html

BigFatPanda

Bronze

Post by BigFatPanda » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:51 pm

I am fearful that Ann Coulter would become the dean of my law school.

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:53 pm

BigFatPanda wrote:I am fearful that Ann Coulter would become the dean of my law school.
+1...Don't go to Pepperdine.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:53 pm

adh07d wrote:I'm afraid of having to pick between Cravath or a SCOTUS clerkship if/when I get both. I'll be 22 when I graduate, i'm too young for those kinds of decisions.
If it came down to it, that decision would be really easy, at least for me.

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:55 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:
adh07d wrote:I'm afraid of having to pick between Cravath or a SCOTUS clerkship if/when I get both. I'll be 22 when I graduate, i'm too young for those kinds of decisions.
Take the SCOTUS clerkship, then find a firm that will pay you a $250,000 signing bonus.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:56 pm

Cavalier wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:
Take the SCOTUS clerkship, then find a firm that will pay you a $250,000 signing bonus.
Credited.

oberlin08

Bronze

Post by oberlin08 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:01 pm

Why is everyone so worried about the dating situation in law school?

I figure there will be like-minded individuals to date. And if not, the schools that I applied to are all in major cities, so I'll fall into something I'm sure. Is this a bad assumption to make? Did I not learn about 'assumptions' during the LSAT?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:02 pm

Cavalier wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up. I no longer have fear for law school. Next step: ridding my fear of women.

Notor

Bronze

Post by Notor » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:03 pm

oberlin08 wrote:Why is everyone so worried about the dating situation in law school?
Because of their dating situations in undergrad

oberlin08

Bronze

Post by oberlin08 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:00 pm

Notor wrote:
oberlin08 wrote:Why is everyone so worried about the dating situation in law school?
Because of their dating situations in undergrad

Lol but what was wrong with the dating situation in undergrad?

Am I missing something?

bayareadunks

New

Post by bayareadunks » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:50 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:
taw856 wrote:
Pretzel_Logic wrote:4) I'm not a go-out-to-bars kinda girl and I'm an introvert...neither of those tend to lead to tremendous success in the male dept.
Pretzel_Logic wrote:6) I am going to have some trouble in the month of March if I can't squish all my work in around March Madness (for real...I've killed myself in February every year of undergrad to do nothing all of March except watch basketball, and it's been awesome).
Find a basketball watchin' male law student introvert. It'll work out.
SOUNDS LIKE ME!

(except for that whole already having a gf thing)

Anyways:
1. Going to be one of the dumbest students there
2. Not fitting in (how many rap listening, videogame playing, basketballing law students are there?)

3. Already in a long-distance relationship with my gf for a long time, but I'm afraid law school stress will make me treat her like a dick. I hope this doesn't happen.
4. For some reason I have a fear that I'll get super drunk at a bar then take a bus home and get infinitely lost.
We need to go to the same law school.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

annapavlova

Bronze

Post by annapavlova » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:52 pm

MC Southstar wrote:I get the impression that all women in law school are already in long-term relationships. Don't really have my hopes up or anything. I'm not sure I'll have enough of a life to do anything significant outside of school either. *shrug*
Don't worry - there are plenty of single girls who have no self-esteem in law school for you to sleep with.

Great Satchmo

Silver

Post by Great Satchmo » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:59 pm

annapavlova wrote:
MC Southstar wrote:I get the impression that all women in law school are already in long-term relationships. Don't really have my hopes up or anything. I'm not sure I'll have enough of a life to do anything significant outside of school either. *shrug*
Don't worry - there are plenty of single girls who have no self-esteem in law school for you to sleep with.
See, the problem with the girls with low self-esteem is that some of them still have expectations and standards...

...it's only that subset minority that have none.

ughOSU

Bronze

Post by ughOSU » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:41 pm

annapavlova wrote:
AWESOME!!!!!!!! That was my biggest fear!!!!!

Apple Tree

Bronze

Post by Apple Tree » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:18 am

I'm afraid that
1. I will study my ass off and then ranked last in my class (well maybe not the last one literally, but somewhere in the bottom 50%)...

2. My classmates are going to be way too competitive for me...
Last edited by Apple Tree on Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ec2xs

Bronze

Post by ec2xs » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:19 am

Honestly, I'm afraid that I'll get out of shape. I'm seriously concerned I'm going to start balding from stress, putting on pounds since I don't have time to work out, and develop terrible sleep habits.

/vanity

Apple Tree

Bronze

Post by Apple Tree » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:19 am

ec2xs wrote:Honestly, I'm afraid that I'll get out of shape. I'm seriously concerned I'm going to start balding from stress, putting on pounds since I don't have time to work out, and develop terrible sleep habits.

/vanity
Yeah I'm afraid of this too.

Sean Bateman

Bronze

Post by Sean Bateman » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:34 am

I'm afraid of maintaining my current relationship (long distance) but even moreso I'm afraid that the competition will be so much harder than undergrad. That I will shift from the top of the class to near the bottom of the class. That I won't understand anything. Hopefully, these will all fade with time

letsdoit1982

Bronze

Post by letsdoit1982 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:32 am

ec2xs wrote:Honestly, I'm afraid that I'll get out of shape. I'm seriously concerned I'm going to start balding from stress, putting on pounds since I don't have time to work out, and develop terrible sleep habits.

/vanity

Myth

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:50 am

letsdoit1982 wrote:

/vanity

[strike]Myth[/strike]
Fact.
--LinkRemoved--

When I get really stressed, I start losing a lot more hair(I have thick long hair so its somewhat ok) It always grows back, but it is frustrating.

basicgrey7

Bronze

Post by basicgrey7 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:53 am

elsboiler wrote:Rayiner is right-- if you can use your time efficiently you will be fine. The work ethic is absolutely contagious, and, EVERYONE feels that they may not be able to keep up with their classmates in the beginning. I think what really separates people are the ones who can keep a steady pace throughout the semester and those who leave everything until crunch time.
This

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:54 am

annapavlova wrote:
I think you just got propositioned, MC

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”