UVA ED Mystery Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
billyez

Silver

UVA ED Mystery

Post by billyez » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:25 pm

We have a small bit of a mystery on our hands, here.

I received an e-mail from an admissions director from UVA a day after my status was updated. My status updated again on that day I received that e-mail. The question is, what is this about? It would be easy to jump to the conclusion that it's an acceptance except for one detail. There were two ED forms that were mailed - one through regular mail and one that was a certified letter. They were sent one day after another, so it's entirely possible that the reason why my status was updated as a result of that second letter coming in. It's also possible that I received an e-mail asking me to call back because the office is wondering why they received two letters.

There are three camps; those who believe I've been contacted merely to inquire about the certified letter, those who think it's an acceptance, and me - who believes, no matter what this is about, there's no possible way I've been accepted anyway.

P.S. The question is being asked because I couldn't reach them today. I chose to sleep in order to get over this cold I've been fighting. Worst timing, though, right? I'll know on Monday either way...

im_blue

Gold

Re: UVA ED Mystery

Post by im_blue » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:34 pm

It's an acceptance for sure; why would they care about getting 2 ED forms?

billyez

Silver

Post by billyez » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:25 pm

If that's the case, I hope they don't hold it against me that I won't be able to reach them until Monday. Maybe they'll just decide I'm not worth it after a couple of days. I'm still sick, but I'm going to force myself to get up early on Monday so I can call.

Tangerine Gleam

Silver

Post by Tangerine Gleam » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:46 pm

billyez wrote:If that's the case, I hope they don't hold it against me that I won't be able to reach them until Monday.
That would be really petty. Fortunately, I think you can expect Dean Dugas and Dean Trujilo to act more mature than an insecure middle-school girl..

billyez

Silver

Post by billyez » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:53 am

Just so everyone knows, none of the admission officers or Deans at UVA have a petty bone in their body. Accepted ED today! It was for an acceptance!

lsathalon

Bronze

Post by lsathalon » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:03 am

Congratulations!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”