Realistic number/amount of study hours? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
pshak56

New

Re: Realistic number/amount of study hours?

Post by pshak56 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:10 pm

study as long as it takes to understand the general rules/exceptions to them in your readings, if you do that and are honest about it, you'll do fine. 3 to 4 hours outside of class worked fine for me. Everyone has different study methods; some people frontload and some people cram at the end. Talking to people, I wouldn't say that there is any correlation between what method is used and the rate of success. I personally frontloaded and did well, but not insanely. In the end, you got 3 or 4 hours to apply what you know and put it in essay form, so i wouldn't focus on knowing the hw in and out but rather on how you will be evaluated.

geostuck

New

Post by geostuck » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:11 pm

Esc wrote:Your comments about being twenty-two, loving to have complete freedom, and "helping me understand" are not very endearing, by the way.
I felt the same about this:
Esc wrote:I've never understood why people attempt to calculate their number of hours studied, let alone care about said number.
And that is why I explained. Does it not clarify why I’m asking? I'm not 22, and I wanted to get an idea of others time commitment.

Don't read too much into it. It's not an insult, more like a complement

Esc

Silver

Post by Esc » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:22 pm

geostuck wrote:
Esc wrote:Your comments about being twenty-two, loving to have complete freedom, and "helping me understand" are not very endearing, by the way.
I felt the same about this:
Esc wrote:I've never understood why people attempt to calculate their number of hours studied, let alone care about said number.
And that is why I explained. Does it not clarify why I’m asking? I'm not 22, and I wanted to get an idea of others time commitment.

Don't read too much into it. It's not an insult, more like a complement
Age has nothing to do with studying habits. BTW, I don't understand your focus with denigrating 22-year olds, or why the fact that you are not that age should be relevant. There are a lot of people (even 22-year olds!) with families, day jobs, or a plethora of other responsibilities. Lose the chip on your shoulder. No one cares how old you are.

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:28 pm

If you're not studying 12 hrs/day now, you're going to fail all of your classes.

HTH.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”