University of San Diego and LSAC Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
180lawstudent

New

University of San Diego and LSAC

Post by 180lawstudent » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:59 pm

:roll: I went on USD website to see if I can apply to school online. It took me to the LSAC website where I can register for school; but I have to pay LSAC a whopping $130 to process me NOT including the application fee for school.

Does this seem right to anyone else?

I do have the option to just print and send in my application I was just wondering.

lsatrehtard

New

Re: University of San Diego and LSAC

Post by lsatrehtard » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:49 am

I don't know about USD, but most schools strongly prefer to have apps sent online. Not to mention that a lot of schools prefer to receive letters of rec thru lsac as well.

I think the "whopping" fee you're talking about is the LSDAS registration fee. You don't necessarily have to go through LSAC, but you should check with USD to see what they want. It prob says it on the app though.

180lawstudent

New

Post by 180lawstudent » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:25 am

Yeah USD strongly prefers it as well.

I guess I'll chalk it up since the other 2 schools I'm interested in wants me to go through LSAC.

Thanks!

mhernton

Bronze

Post by mhernton » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:11 am

If you can't afford the application/registration fee, then you can't afford law school. If your serious about this, a $130 shouldn't not have made you flinch regardless of your circumstances...

GATORTIM

Silver

Post by GATORTIM » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:34 am

$130? I didn't pay that much

adrib

Bronze

Post by adrib » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:33 am

the $130 is what you have to pay LSAC to process your apps, transcripts, and LORs for you, and to send them in neat packages to schools. otherwise, you'd have to request an official transcript for each school you apply to, and do everything by hand. it does sound right that they're charging that much, though, OP--you definitely didn't do anything wrong :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”