Housing for WCL? Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
Umusaza

New

Housing for WCL?

Post by Umusaza » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:04 pm

I'm trying to decide between WCL and UC Hastings, but I'm leaning toward WCL. I'm interested in Public International Law, and WCL seems to be stronger in that area. I live two blocks from UC Hastings, but would like to try out the east coast. Any leads about affordable housing for WCL? I'd like to spend as little as possible on my rent. Maybe a dormitory or something like that...Many thanks.

FSK

Platinum

Re: Housing for WCL?

Post by FSK » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:28 pm

Umusaza wrote:I'm trying to decide between WCL and UC Hastings, but I'm leaning toward WCL. I'm interested in Public International Law, and WCL seems to be stronger in that area. I live two blocks from UC Hastings, but would like to try out the east coast. Any leads about affordable housing for WCL? I'd like to spend as little as possible on my rent. Maybe a dormitory or something like that...Many thanks.
You mean american? There's nothing cheap in DC. Your best bet is to live way out in the burbs if you really want to save money. I pad 800 my first year to split a 2BR
Last edited by FSK on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:15 pm

Umusaza wrote:I'm trying to decide between WCL and UC Hastings, but I'm leaning toward WCL. I'm interested in Public International Law, and WCL seems to be stronger in that area. I live two blocks from UC Hastings, but would like to try out the east coast. Any leads about affordable housing for WCL? I'd like to spend as little as possible on my rent. Maybe a dormitory or something like that...Many thanks.
flame

TLSModBot

Diamond

Post by TLSModBot » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:19 pm

I went to AU undergrad - Tenleytown is NOT cheap. Also don't go to WCL. Don't do that to yourself.

ms2014

New

Post by ms2014 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:23 am

I'd be really surprised if you'd be able to live in one of the campus dorms as a law student. AU has had major housing shortages the past few years and I don't think on-campus housing is guaranteed for undergrads past their first year.

If you are looking for (relatively) cheaper housing in DC, you might have the most luck looking in the Glover Park or Mount Pleasant areas. They don't have the best access to the metro but I have friends living in those areas and know that they pay far less rent than others. On the metro, there is cheaper housing in Columbia Heights and NoMa but I still doubt you'd find one bedrooms for less than $1600/month.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FSK

Platinum

Post by FSK » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:01 am

zacharus85 wrote:I went to AU undergrad - Tenleytown is NOT cheap. Also don't go to WCL. Don't do that to yourself.
Aslo, Tenlytown is awful. Its expensive and the bars suck.
Last edited by FSK on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dudders

Bronze

Post by dudders » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:26 am

ms2014 wrote:I'd be really surprised if you'd be able to live in one of the campus dorms as a law student. AU has had major housing shortages the past few years and I don't think on-campus housing is guaranteed for undergrads past their first year.

If you are looking for (relatively) cheaper housing in DC, you might have the most luck looking in the Glover Park or Mount Pleasant areas. They don't have the best access to the metro but I have friends living in those areas and know that they pay far less rent than others. On the metro, there is cheaper housing in Columbia Heights and NoMa but I still doubt you'd find one bedrooms for less than $1600/month.
Look at H buses from Columbia Heights/Mt. Pleasant (H2, H3), and I'm sure there's a Wisconsin Ave. line that's decent to AU from Glover Park. Or get a bike. These are great areas for affordable(ish) housing but none are metro accessible to AU.

Also don't go to AU.

Traynor Brah

Silver

Post by Traynor Brah » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:53 am

Well, shit, if you're going to move three thousand miles for one of the very worst law schools in the country, you might as well take advantage of unlimited govt cash for three years. Double down on the crazy.

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:28 am

Traynor Brah wrote:Well, shit, if you're going to move three thousand miles for one of the very worst law schools in the country, you might as well take advantage of unlimited govt cash for three years. Double down on the crazy.

FSK

Platinum

Check out top-law-schools.com

Post by FSK » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:32 am

Check out top-law-schools.com

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”