When are you quitting your full-time job for school? Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

When are you quitting your full time job?

April
2%
May
12%
June
21%
July
41%
August
20%
I literally can't stand one more minute so RIGHT NOW
4%

Total votes: 138

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:55 pm

fisheatbananas

Bronze

Re: When are you quitting your full-time job for school?

Post by fisheatbananas » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:39 pm

It's also my 3 or 4th time posting in here. I decided to quit on June 26 although I could have quit in early May if I wanted to, but thought I'd have nothing to do all summer... but now I think a whole summer off would be nice haha...

IsThisForReal

Gold

Post by IsThisForReal » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:42 pm

fisheatbananas wrote:It's also my 3 or 4th time posting in here. I decided to quit on June 26 although I could have quit in early May if I wanted to, but thought I'd have nothing to do all summer... but now I think a whole summer off would be nice haha...
It gets old after about a month of nothing to do. I took a couple months between UG and work.
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

fisheatbananas

Bronze

Post by fisheatbananas » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:00 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
fisheatbananas wrote:It's also my 3 or 4th time posting in here. I decided to quit on June 26 although I could have quit in early May if I wanted to, but thought I'd have nothing to do all summer... but now I think a whole summer off would be nice haha...
It gets old after about a month of nothing to do. I took a couple months between UG and work.
I hope you are right and I just successfully avoided several months of being bored. I'll never know the alternative haha. I'll be traveling and visiting family in July but maybe have a bit of time to do nothing. How did youf fill your time during those couple months?

IsThisForReal

Gold

Post by IsThisForReal » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:03 pm

fisheatbananas wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:
I hope you are right and I just successfully avoided several months of being bored. I'll never know the alternative haha. I'll be traveling and visiting family in July but maybe have a bit of time to do nothing. How did youf fill your time during those couple months?
I graduated in December so Christmas, then Christmas 5 hours away with my boyfriends family, then home to trade cars with my gpa, then 5 hours up and back to pick up a puppy, then 5 hours back down to the boyfriends. That was graduation to mid January. The rest was just lounging around and reading. I think I read like 6 or 7 books. Fiction. Stupid stuff. But it was nice to be able to read what I wanted to for a change.
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:06 pm

I actually took up an internship on the beach (not really something I'm interested in, but get paid to live on the beach? Fuck ya). Not sure if its a full-time sort of job though.

fisheatbananas

Bronze

Post by fisheatbananas » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:43 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
fisheatbananas wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:
I graduated in December so Christmas, then Christmas 5 hours away with my boyfriends family, then home to trade cars with my gpa, then 5 hours up and back to pick up a puppy, then 5 hours back down to the boyfriends. That was graduation to mid January. The rest was just lounging around and reading. I think I read like 6 or 7 books. Fiction. Stupid stuff. But it was nice to be able to read what I wanted to for a change.
So you were pretty busy around the holidays and a bit after, then go to relax. Sounds nice but I can also see how it'd become boring after too long

fisheatbananas

Bronze

Post by fisheatbananas » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:44 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:I actually took up an internship on the beach (not really something I'm interested in, but get paid to live on the beach? Fuck ya). Not sure if its a full-time sort of job though.
Damn well you were working anyways, might as well be at the beach than in an office... nice

CaptainJapan

Bronze

Post by CaptainJapan » Wed May 06, 2015 8:23 pm

Just a month ago I pegged July 17th...I've since whittled it down to June 1st. No regrets.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu May 07, 2015 10:00 am

tuxedocat

Silver

Post by tuxedocat » Thu May 07, 2015 12:18 pm

The "RIGHT NOW" poll option was remarkably prescient on my part, because I managed to kick my end date up from July all the way to May 15! So excited/terrified/thrilled/vomiting!!!!

OhBoyOhBortles

Gold

Post by OhBoyOhBortles » Thu May 07, 2015 12:26 pm

tuxedocat wrote:The "RIGHT NOW" poll option was remarkably prescient on my part, because I managed to kick my end date up from July all the way to May 15! So excited/terrified/thrilled/vomiting!!!!
Congrats! Enjoy the funemployment!

NoBladesNoBows

Silver

Post by NoBladesNoBows » Thu May 07, 2015 3:20 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Wed May 27, 2015 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu May 07, 2015 3:28 pm

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Silver

Post by WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Thu May 07, 2015 3:32 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CaptainJapan

Bronze

Post by CaptainJapan » Thu May 07, 2015 3:34 pm

tuxedocat wrote:The "RIGHT NOW" poll option was remarkably prescient on my part, because I managed to kick my end date up from July all the way to May 15! So excited/terrified/thrilled/vomiting!!!!

Cheers

Username123

Silver

Post by Username123 » Thu May 07, 2015 3:35 pm

It has become increasingly more difficult to get out of bed for work in the morning.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu May 07, 2015 3:36 pm

congrats, good for you - so jealous

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu May 07, 2015 3:37 pm

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu May 07, 2015 3:39 pm

Gray wrote:
Hand wrote:
congrats, good for you - so jealous
yeah srsly this
another person got fired here yesterday; happy for my bank account it wasn't me, but otherwise...

CaptainJapan

Bronze

Post by CaptainJapan » Thu May 07, 2015 3:52 pm

Hand wrote: another person got fired here yesterday; happy for my bank account it wasn't me, but otherwise...
Hand would you not get...severance?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu May 07, 2015 3:57 pm

tuxedocat

Silver

Post by tuxedocat » Thu May 07, 2015 4:00 pm

CaptainJapan wrote:
Hand wrote: another person got fired here yesterday; happy for my bank account it wasn't me, but otherwise...
I think that would require an amptutation.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu May 07, 2015 4:05 pm

CaptainJapan wrote:
Nah don't think so, at-will employment FTW

Not even sure I'd get unemployment benefits as a permanent resident but fortunately I haven't had to verify that

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu May 07, 2015 4:09 pm

Gray wrote:
CaptainJapan wrote:
not if fired with cause, I don't think? And knowing Hand it would definitely be for something creepy.,
ahaha "fired with cause" you must be a foreigner!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”