Is Adaptibar supposed to be this miserable? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Is Adaptibar supposed to be this miserable?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:17 pm

Is Adaptibar supposed to just kick your ass and make you feel like you're going to fail? I have crashed from ~85% to ~65% correct over the past couple of months as I've done 1000+ questions. I just can't seem to know enough or stop litigating questions .

It doesn't seem to have helped with learning the rules for essays either, which I can't seem to get. Really unsure where I stand at this point.

Appreciate any advice or reassurance, especially more data points on how Adaptibar correlated with final test performance. I did Barbri and just been reviewing outlines and doing practice questions/outlining or writing essays for the past couple of weeks.

Anon because I'm worried I'm identifiable based on past posts.

nls336

New

Re: Is Adaptibar supposed to be this miserable?

Post by nls336 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:17 pm
Is Adaptibar supposed to just kick your ass and make you feel like you're going to fail? I have crashed from ~85% to ~65% correct over the past couple of months as I've done 1000+ questions. I just can't seem to know enough or stop litigating questions .

It doesn't seem to have helped with learning the rules for essays either, which I can't seem to get. Really unsure where I stand at this point.

Appreciate any advice or reassurance, especially more data points on how Adaptibar correlated with final test performance. I did Barbri and just been reviewing outlines and doing practice questions/outlining or writing essays for the past couple of weeks.

Anon because I'm worried I'm identifiable based on past posts.
yes. good job doing over 1000 questions - you'll ace that section of the bar. none of the questions will surprise you. I did that and found the mbe easy while others in my class year cried on twitter after. Adaptibar is way more relevant than any of the bar prep questions the classes have because adaptibar is licensed to use actual bar questions, as you know since you're using it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:12 pm

I did about 2000 questions total and the key to improvement is going back to the questions you got wrong and doing them again until you get it. There will always be questions that trip you up but doing this many questions will help you on timing.

Also as a counterpoint to the other reply, I finished the MBE convinced I'd failed but I actually did really well. It's not always easy to know how well you did.

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:20 am

Yes, this is normal for all bar prep companies. They try to scare you into overworking.

Prudent_Jurist

Bronze

Post by Prudent_Jurist » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:32 am

Not sure what bar prep company you’re using, but I used Barbri along with AdaptiBar. Barbri teaches you a method for answering multiple choice questions: start with the call, identify the subject area, then try to come up with your answer or an applicable and look for the answer resembling the one you came up with or that results from application of the rule.

I worked for a test prep company prior to law school, and this is the same method we applied to other standardized tests, albeit with slight differences because this tests weren’t law based. It works really well.

The other benefit is that you learn the material by forcing your brain to do the work of coming up with an answer, as opposed to letting the test present you with options first and trying to work backward from the answers presented. That’s actually less productive and more time consuming. By coming up with your own answer or arriving at an applicable rule to apply, you reinforce those rules in your memory, which also helps on the essays.

I don’t know what I scored on the MBE because I passed, but I remember I was done each session about 45 minutes to an hour early. That freaked me out, but I guess it worked!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:42 am

Pneumonia wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:20 am
Yes, this is normal for all bar prep companies. They try to scare you into overworking.
OP is a February taker so likely a retake (not NEC ofc). Overworking is definitely better than the reverse.
Prudent_Jurist wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:32 am

I don’t know what I scored on the MBE because I passed, but I remember I was done each session about 45 minutes to an hour early. That freaked me out, but I guess it worked!
This was me too, I used the extra time to review each question again and then to just rest my mind.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:26 am

Just wanted to thank everyone for their replies before the test tomorrow morning—I'm up to around ~1300 practice questions in Adaptibar completed (who knows how many in Barbri) and things seem to have clicked on the essays too. Feeling a lot better.

Not a retaker FWIW, I graduated early; I'll post my outcome as a data point for future masochists/bar takers.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”