Does C+F look at your personal statement and letters of rec from law school application? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Does C+F look at your personal statement and letters of rec from law school application?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:05 pm

I know the bar will often look at one’s law school app during the C+F check, but do they also look at your personal statement and letters of rec that were included in the app?

cavalier1138

Re: Does C+F look at your personal statement and letters of rec from law school application?

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:59 am

I assume they get those items as part of your admissions packet. I highly doubt they spend serious time reviewing them.

But unless you lied in a very obvious way in your PS or forged LORs (and somehow the school missed it), I can't see why this would be an issue.

Anonymous User

Re: Does C+F look at your personal statement and letters of rec from law school application?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:38 pm

Yes in NY, my C&F interview talked about my personal statement in my law school application.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:38 pm
Yes in NY, my C&F interview talked about my personal statement in my law school application.
Can you provide more context? Did they ask about it because you wrote about a job that was related to a specific C&F concern? Did they think it was inconsistent with other disclosures you made to C&F?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:53 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:13 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Can you provide more context? Did they ask about it because you wrote about a job that was related to a specific C&F concern? Did they think it was inconsistent with other disclosures you made to C&F?
Nothing special. I wrote about my time working for Congress in my personal statement. I think my interviewer was just trying to fill in 10 minutes of time because there was nothing to discuss in my application.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:53 pm
cavalier1138 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:13 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Nothing special. I wrote about my time working for Congress in my personal statement. I think my interviewer was just trying to fill in 10 minutes of time because there was nothing to discuss in my application.

I must have missed the notification for this reply. That's interesting, and I guess it undercuts my thought that no one actually looks at these things. Maybe just in NY because they have the mandatory interview?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”