Barbri vs Themis Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
jedibill

New

Barbri vs Themis

Post by jedibill » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:59 pm

This topic has been discussed extensively, and I know the general TLS advice is "whichever is cheaper." That point is moot to me since my firm will be fully reimbursing, however, Themis is offering a separate $500 gift card to sign up now and direct bill my firm. I'm surrounded by Barbri stans at my school, but obviously leaning Themis here with the financial incentive.

Any reason to not take the Themis offer? Is $500 in my pocket not a good enough reason to turn away from the "gold standard" of bar prep?

Anonymous User

Re: Barbri vs Themis

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:34 am

Holdout longer. Or try negotiating with Themis.

I got the 500, a free IPad, and a reduced price (direct bill to firm). At the end of the year/quarter before graduation the bar prep companies are desperate to hit quotas.

It also tells you something about what you’re buying. If they are direct billing my firm 1500 but gave me 1000 worth of shit… they are still making a 500 profit.

Antetrust

New

Re: Barbri vs Themis

Post by Antetrust » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:34 am

Themis student-rep here. I volunteer to help sell Themis bar prep at my school even though I already get free bar prep.

I volunteer because I genuinely think Themis is the best product on the market, particularly for the price you pay. Barbri has brand value and they can coast because of that name recognition.

My advice: take Themis, negotiate for firm-bill incentives. The current offer at my school for 3Ls who sign up with firm billing is a $750 gift card and a free iPad. Just talk to the Themis reps at your school - maybe tell them a Barbri rep offered you a really good firm billing incentive and use that as negotiating leverage.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”