Foreign lawyer Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Foreign lawyer

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:51 am

I'm a foreign attorney (10 years experience) and decided to take the CA Bar. I've just started searching about registration, process and exams. :roll: Too much information to process :D
I'd be grateful if anyone could give me some tips and information about, first :Processing in registration as a foreign lawyer.
Second Tips and advices about exams.
Is there anybody with the same situation in here?
I'm planning for July 2023.

Marinobarreview

New

Re: Foreign lawyer

Post by Marinobarreview » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:09 am

Are you used to taking multiple choice exam? In many countries, the attorney licensing exams are essay only. So if that is the case for you, you will need to get used to taking multiple choice, timed exams. Also since you will need to catch up with JDs on the subjects they already just took in law school, the sooner you start studying the substantive law and trying to memorize it, the better. Just be sure to pace yourself and not burn out. Review 1-2 MBE subjects for a few hours each day to start. Lastly, because it is so difficult for foreign attorneys, we highly recommend looking into a professional bar exam tutor to help guide you with your studying, provided this is financially an option for you.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”