NY 3rd Dpt Admission Ceremony - In-person vs Remote Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
iamanapple

New

NY 3rd Dpt Admission Ceremony - In-person vs Remote

Post by iamanapple » Tue May 10, 2022 2:26 am

Hi everyone,

So I am scheduled for the NY 3rd Department June admission ceremony - we are given the option to attend it remotely or in-person. Currently, I'm based in Asia.

For those who have attended an admission ceremony, (i) did you attend it in-person or remotely and (ii) in your opinion, is it worth flying out to attend the ceremony or was it not worthwhile attending the ceremony in-person due to monetary (flights, accommodation..) and time (quarantine back home and length of the ceremony..) costs?

Thanks so much!

Trogdor

New

Re: NY 3rd Dpt Admission Ceremony - In-person vs Remote

Post by Trogdor » Tue May 10, 2022 8:39 am

IMO, it's not worth it. The ceremony is very quick, and back in 2017 when I did it, everyone did their swearing in at the same time. Once it's over, you can walk up to the podium and take a pic in front of the state seal. Nothing special.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”