What is your interpretation of this question? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

What is your interpretation of this question?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:22 pm

"Within the past five years, have you exhibited any conduct or behavior that could call into question your ability to practice law in a competent, ethical, and professional manner?"

(keyword, "Exhibit," which makes me think, things you've done that nobody saw are not reportable)

Or are they asking you to go like Chunk from Goonies?

Anonymous User

Re: What is your interpretation of this question?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:07 pm

You're thinking too much like a lawyer about this, my friend. Think about the spirit of the question itself, rather than getting tied up in the technicalities. They want to know, are you generally an ethical and professional person. By your logic, Ted Bundy could've passed the C&F if he had taken it early enough in his career since there hadn't been any witnesses...and he's clearly not someone we would want practicing law.

My guess is your situation is nowhere near is bad, since you cared enough to ask and worry about it. That tells me you're a good person who tries to do the right thing.

Joachim2017

Bronze

Post by Joachim2017 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:22 pm
"Within the past five years, have you exhibited any conduct or behavior that could call into question your ability to practice law in a competent, ethical, and professional manner?"

(keyword, "Exhibit," which makes me think, things you've done that nobody saw are not reportable)

And if a tree falls in the forest... But seriously, to exhibit is to display in public. If no one saw it, it can still be public. The word doesn't assume the existence of an audience, just the possibility of one. (It's not a "success term".) But hey you do you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:57 pm

Joachim2017 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:21 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:22 pm

And if a tree falls in the forest... But seriously, to exhibit is to display in public. If no one saw it, it can still be public. The word doesn't assume the existence of an audience, just the possibility of one. (It's not a "success term".) But hey you do you.

no i get it, i'm not talking that. i think im reading too much into it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”