Looking for suggestions/help with study plan Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
lawgrad15555

New

Looking for suggestions/help with study plan

Post by lawgrad15555 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:19 pm

Hi everyone,
Foreign law school grad/attorney working/called in an english-speaking common law country.

I am scheduled to take the bar exam in February for the first time, UBE state. Currently working full time as an attorney.

Since September 1 I've been reading the Conviser mini review, studying the critical pass flashcards and doing 8-12 MBE questions from Emmanuel everyday and studying the answers, right or wrong. 3 hours per day, give or take.

I have not seen my performance seemingly improve at all in the two months I've been studying. I feel like I'm recognizing the concepts and even recognizing the answer before reading the responses in some cases but I'm just not showing consistent improvement in my MBE results.

Scheduled to begin Barbri on November 15 but realistically I'm not going to be able to study more than 3 hours due to work commitments which is why I started studying so early with Conviser/Emmanuel/Critical pass.

Please any suggestions on how to improve my studying would be greatly appreciated - completely demoralized at this point!

Thanks everyone.

jdthebest

New

Re: Looking for suggestions/help with study plan

Post by jdthebest » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:07 am

Hey, I hope you passed! If not, and you are taking again with same basic schedule, and you only have 3 hours a day, try doing 1 hour studying rule statements, one hour for MBE practice and review and then 1-2 essays and review everyday. It is more practice and less pure studying than most people do but I found this worked much better for me than just reading outlines or watching long videos.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”