Running out of Practice MBE Questions Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Lurker19

New

Running out of Practice MBE Questions

Post by Lurker19 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:12 pm

I'm using Barbri and just ran out of practice MBE questions in the MCQ practice bank (which is BS, because I thought I had a ton more questions, but apparently those are only "black letter" questions, not actual MBE style ones). I'm also getting close to running out on Adaptibar: starting to see tons of repeat questions, and I'll soon be out other than the ones I have excluded to save for the four 100 question practice tests. I bought the MBE practice problems from the NCBE, but I feel like I have to conserve those because I don't want to entirely run out of practice problems. Does anyone have any idea where I can get more practice MBE questions? I would actually prefer they not be official NCBE questions, because at this point I'm worried any of those would be repeats of the ones I have from Adaptibar and the NCBE

cavalier1138

Re: Running out of Practice MBE Questions

Post by cavalier1138 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:46 am

Why do you think you need more practice at this point? Are you still below passing scores in your practice sets?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:24 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:46 am
Why do you think you need more practice at this point? Are you still below passing scores in your practice sets?
No, I'm doing pretty well on them right now. But my scores seem to drop whenever I take even a day off doing practice questions. Also my essay scores are terrible, so I've got to keep these MBE scores high or I'm screwed

Lurker19

New

Post by Lurker19 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:29 pm

Not sure why that showed up as an anon post, but that was me (the OP)

CiscoFlow

New

Post by CiscoFlow » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:58 pm

Try Emmanuels Strategies and Tactics. It has a lot of practice questions.

Also there are some practice exams (eg Kaplan) you can find on Reddit.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LawJunky

New

Post by LawJunky » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:43 am

I agree. Go with Emanuel's. As I just posted on another thread, i have done about 800 in the last four months. Excellent stuff.

I have also done 250 of the NCBE online study aid MBEs this week. Extremely good stuff. Straight from the horse's mouth. The NCBE questions are not duplicate to Steve Emanuel's stuff, at least very few duplicates. Definitely a lot of questions i have never seen before on the NCBE site.

Best of luck in 10 days.

Neve

Bronze

Post by Neve » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:25 pm

My running list of MBE supplement. Most of them are resources for additional MBE questions.

1) Emanuel's Strategies and Tactics for the MBE - available on Amazon. Fairly cheap book. Has good tips on approaching the MBE and contains lots of practice questions.

2) Adaptibar (http://www.adaptibar.com) - I didn't use this, but wish I had since it has received raving reviews.

3) Barmax MBE Questions (https://testmaxprep.com/bar-exam/select-course?tab=1 ) At only $399, it's a fair price.

4) OPE from the MBE site to practice the most recent test questions: http://store.ncbex.org/all-online-practice-exams/. OPE it isn't the cheapest option, but these are real, recent MBE questions.

5) Critical Pass (http://criticalpass.refr.cc/MVL2ZG4 referral link contains a discount code for $$ off) - Great flashcards for the MBE! You can't apply the law to an MBE question, if you don't know the law. I used Critical Pass for my bar study along with the CMR from Barbri and their simulated questions (although the Barbri questions are very different than actual MBE questions). I also used Emanuel's S&T during my study period, but not as much as I should have since it's a great resource.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”