Trying to get flash cards for bar exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
kevinandre

New

Trying to get flash cards for bar exam

Post by kevinandre » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:21 am

Hello,

I am using bar exam prep outlines to make flash cards, but I am finding the process so frustrating. 1) The process is very time consuming 2) After I study my flash cards, a few days later I remember nothing. I remember just a few things like privileges and immunities clause is about discrimination against out of staters, and there is something called substantive due process, but I don't remember things in a structured way. Like I don't know how all the parts fit together. I guess I need professional help.

side note so you can understand my problem better: I went over substantive due process vs. procedural due process probably 20 times when studying my newly made con law flash cards. but after a week I don't remember the difference. All I remember is substantive due process has something to do with strict scrutiny, rational basis. I don't know maybe the problem is not the flashcards, maybe the problem is me?

I am debating between critical pass flash cards and law in a flash multistate. I am also debating whether I should sign up for one of those programs that give you online flash cards but I don't like the idea of paying for a temporary membership, I would rather have something permanent.

I noticed some sellers of law in a flash are selling 2 boxes, part 1, part 2. but then there is this other version that's just one box. any idea what's the difference?

cavalier1138

Re: Trying to get flash cards for bar exam

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:43 pm

I have no experience with either company, but this sounds like a deeper problem than not having commercial flashcards. If you're having trouble remembering core concepts like the difference between substantive and procedural due process, that suggests to me that you need to be spending more time actually engaging with the original study materials instead of making flashcards.

Neve

Bronze

Re: Trying to get flash cards for bar exam

Post by Neve » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:37 pm

I used Critical Pass flashcards when I took the bar exam. (Referral link for a discount code: http://criticalpass.refr.cc/MVL2ZG4). This is a tool to use in addition to your regular bar prep study materials. I found that they tracked the Barbri materials pretty well.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”