Bar Prep Questions Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Bar Prep Questions

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 31, 2021 12:04 am

Hey y’all.

So I just finished week two of Themis and wrapped up property, contracts, and family law. I was curious if people relied solely on Themis outlines for prep or they created their own outlines? I have just been memorizing the lecture handouts. My MBE PQs for both contracts and property are between 72-88%. Just looking to see if there is anything I am missing or should be doing.

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Re: Bar Prep Questions

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:15 pm

I think creating one's own outlines, though it would no doubt be helpful, can be unrealistic. So many people try to do it and then realize it's just not practicable. Try to learn as much as you can from the outlines that are provided to you by the bar prep companies.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 12:04 am
Hey y’all.

So I just finished week two of Themis and wrapped up property, contracts, and family law. I was curious if people relied solely on Themis outlines for prep or they created their own outlines? I have just been memorizing the lecture handouts. My MBE PQs for both contracts and property are between 72-88%. Just looking to see if there is anything I am missing or should be doing.
I created my own smaller outlines (like the attack outlines I used in law school), which helped me to focus on the specific information I struggled with more. I did this later on in studying when I generally had everything down but wanted to fine tune a few points. I think its up to personal preference and isn't necessary. I always made my own little short attack outlines in law school even if I used old outlines as my primary ones, so I just stuck with that.

FND

Bronze

Post by FND » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:13 pm

without actually answering your question, please note that Themis recommends you draft your own condensed outline as part of the memorization process.
But if you're getting between 72-88% already, I wouldn't bother making your own outline. If you can improve a bit more so that you're consistently able to score 85%, you're close to "auto-pass" territory - your MBE score will be high enough to carry all but the most dismal failure on the essays.
Basically, 85% is a raw score of 148.5, and a scaled score of around 155-165. If you're in one of the 33 states that needs a score of 270 or less, that means you need an essay score of 105-115. That's the bottom 15th percentile.

Note that Themis comes with a free subscription to uworld, which has another 1900 practice MBE questions.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:57 pm

SilvermanBarPrep wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:15 pm
Sorry to necro this thread, but I wanted to ask you as a bar prep expert whether you think "autopass" is a viable strategy. I got 147/200 on the Barbri simulated MBE and am starting to score consistently in that range on practice questions, but my essays are terrible and I've barely started to touch the MEE only topics. In your opinion as a bar prep guru, is focusing solely on MBE a viable strategy to pass? If it affects your answer, my state only requires 260 to pass

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”