Practicing Attorney, want to study for MBE, no date yet Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
victortsoi

Bronze

Practicing Attorney, want to study for MBE, no date yet

Post by victortsoi » Fri May 21, 2021 10:36 am

Hey all, I passed the NY bar in 2015, but want to take the Florida Bar. Unfortunately too much time has passed to transfer the scores, I think my MPRE might also be expired.
  • Adaptibar really helped me and I want to use it again. What I want to do is just keep slowing practicing until I feel ready to register for an exam. Work, family, etc, means I can't really just commit to a date.
Is there a better strategy/cost effective way to do this? Adaptibar has a time limit on how long you can have the questions active, which is not optimal for me. Is there an alternative?

FND

Bronze

Re: Practicing Attorney, want to study for MBE, no date yet

Post by FND » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:27 pm

what about the rest of the exam? Florida will allow you to import your MBE for up to 2 years, but, you've also got to take the Florida day

lantpenn

New

Re: Practicing Attorney, want to study for MBE, no date yet

Post by lantpenn » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:40 am

victortsoi wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 10:36 am
Hey all, I passed the NY bar in 2015, but want to take the Florida Bar. Unfortunately too much time has passed to transfer the scores, I think my MPRE might also be expired.
  • Adaptibar really helped me and I want to use it again. What I want to do is just keep slowing practicing until I feel ready to register for an exam. Work, family, etc, means I can't really just commit to a date.
Is there a better strategy/cost effective way to do this? Adaptibar has a time limit on how long you can have the questions active, which is not optimal for me. Is there an alternative?
Buy the BARMAX Bar course and the MPRE course and the NCBE test prep for MBE. They last for a year. Do every MBE question. The questions you get incorrect create a MBE Wrong Answer numerated list (in word document) for example (from my list):

332. If the passenger is prosecuted for theft as an accomplice, should he be convicted? No, because he had no intent to promote the commission of the offense. A conviction for accomplice liability requires not only proof that an accomplice aided a principal's crime but also proof that the accomplice acted with a culpable mental state. Because the passenger had no prior knowledge of the driver's crime and no intent to help the driver commit that crime, the passenger may not properly be convicted.

These are NCBE questions on BARMAX. Every time you get one wrong...add it to the list. Out of 2000 questions there were 419 I kept getting wrong. Before I made the numerated list I was scoring 60-67 correct on the MBE practice exams. After continuously reviewing the questions call and the answer explanations for those I was answering incorrectly I started scoring 78-81 correct on the MBE practice exams. Thereafter, even though I was making these scores, I continued to drill the wrong answer list. Before the July 2021 exam I was getting 81/100-83/100 correct on the NCBE MBE practice exams. It was taking me about two hours and fifteen minutes to answer the 100 questions. I changed nothing for the BAR EXAM and completed each MBE section with 30 and 45 min to spare respectively. I did review each section to ensure I filled in every bullet, then got up and left the testing area. We will see. Hope this helps.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”