NYLC Qs more intensive than NYLE Qs? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

NYLC Qs more intensive than NYLE Qs?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 07, 2021 12:39 pm

So I'm taking the NYLC now. I'm finding that some of the "checkpoint" questions in the course videos don't have correct answers noted in the course materials packet. For example, one checkpoint question asks if notice for a TRO is needed. The course materials explicitly say a TRO may be granted without notice, but the course video and the checkpoint questions say the rules may say that, but in practice notice is needed.

I've heard that the NYLE is pretty easy. Are these checkpoint Qs and the course itself not indicative of the Qs on the actual NYLE? Because if they are, I don't see how anyone could pass the NYLE relying on the course materials alone. Or is it that the NYLC and its checkpoint questions are far broader than the course materials and the actual Qs on the NYLE, and I'm just being paranoid.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”