C&F Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

C&F

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:49 pm

So, I submitted my bar application weeks ago. Disclosed everything I could possibly think of and most people said I over disclosed. However, just this week I had a friend ask me about camera tickets. I did not even think about camera tickets. I may have received one, that I can think of, because in my state they get sent to the registered owner of the vehicle (my mom), so I cannot be sure. I checked the city where I remember it being from and it explicitly states that speed camera tickets are treated as Civil citations, not moving violations, and will not result in any points to a license or insurance rate increases. My application, under the criminal portion of C&F, asks about moving violations, excluding parking violations. I guess my question is should I amend and disclose this? It appears that it clearly a civil citation and not a criminal citation and it was sent to my mom, so it is not on my driving record. I just don't want to piss of the investigators with reading something that I should not have disclosed. I may just be a worried 3L.

Anonymous User

Re: C&F

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:56 pm

It may be helpful to tell us which state you applied for the bar in as some may have experience there.

IMO if it is clear that it should have been disclosed when you were first applying, then I would amend but I also have a heavy conscience.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:05 pm

I understand paranoia, but this is a bit much. The application asks you to report moving violations. This was not a moving violation. So you don't need to report.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:43 pm

OP here. It did not specifically ask for speed cameras. My issue is that there was a separate section for civil citations as well. But only if I was a party to that citation. It was sent to my mom, it wasn’t on my driving record. Other people have said “no. No need to disclose.” I’m always a cautious person but I sometimes can be over cautious to a fault.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:14 pm

If my name was not on that citation or otherwise identifiable in connection with the citation, then I would view that as me clearly not being a party to the citation and I would not disclose.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”