Bar Exam Failures Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Bar Exam Failures

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:29 am

I have been losing sleep over impending bar prep doom and the prospect of failing the bar exam. I have tried doing some research but have found very little. I am curious what percentage of people fail the bar that go to T35 schools and are in the top 10 of their class. Additionally, I am curious about the percentage of biglaw people who fail the bar. I was surprised that I could not find statistics breaking down class rank and bar success. Just curious if anyone has any knowledge.

Anonymous User

Re: Bar Exam Failures

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:29 am
I have been losing sleep over impending bar prep doom and the prospect of failing the bar exam. I have tried doing some research but have found very little. I am curious what percentage of people fail the bar that go to T35 schools and are in the top 10 of their class. Additionally, I am curious about the percentage of biglaw people who fail the bar. I was surprised that I could not find statistics breaking down class rank and bar success. Just curious if anyone has any knowledge.
Is this a serious question? You’re most likely going to pass the bar.

jc9812

New

Post by jc9812 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:25 am

IIRC the most reliable indicator of bar exam success seems to be how you did in your 1L classes. Sounds like you did pretty well in those. If possible OP, I would really not worry about this. It's wasted energy. Just study enough and you'll pass.

nixy

Gold

Post by nixy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:32 am

You're not going to have any issues if you're top 10 in your class. You can't get to that point in your class without being good at test taking. This isn't worth worrying about.

Also, if you are in biglaw (which your question suggests), you pretty much always get a second chance. You're not going to be homeless and penniless if you fail. (Which all evidence suggests you won't, but in case something weird happens, like you get sick or something.)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”