Florida Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
FND

Bronze

Florida Bar

Post by FND » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:26 pm

I am a 2015 graduate who just got a lateral offer in Florida. As it's been a while, I've forgotten just about everything that's not in my practice area, so I'd like some advice on the best way to pass the bar. While of course I'd like to spend as little as possible, cost is not a primary concern.
[+] Spoiler
and yes, I know I can negotiate with the bar prep companies.

Umyeah

New

Re: Florida Bar

Post by Umyeah » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:18 am

Allow me to not answer your question until my second paragraph LOL. Just happy to find someone else taking the Florida Bar... I graduated in 2013...Im licensed in Texas but I also decided I didn't want to waste time and take exam winging it, so I paid for Barbri..which is different but whatever I have the time to do it. I personally like being able to familiarize myself with the rules because I hate the feeling of kind of remembering but not really and then getting the answer wrong, and maybe even making up a rule from your memory incorrectly. Are you working while studying or did they give you time off? --My first bar exam I was working and did Kaplan... basically rushed through course curriculum (with comprehension of course) and the last 2/3 weeks just did 50 MBE questions a day/ review of explanation answer, 6 essays a day/ review of explanations etc, and one MPT a day/ review answers---- (MPT is Texas specific thing)

But, since I did spend this money and have started to review I realized if I ever take another exam.. probably only need one good outline book for MBE (because I like reviewing that way) (and one for State Essay topics) and maybe just do a program like adaptibar or whatever that has loads of MBE questions and answers/explanations. ------- With that said, maybe you have a better grasp or memory than I do and don't need the MBE outline of rules.. and can earn from just the MBE taking and reviewing of answers/explanation? (hope this helps)

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Re: Florida Bar

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:37 pm

For part A of the exam, the best thing you could do to begin your prep would be to go on the Fla.Bar website and print out the outlines they have for each subject. They don't provide any law but they tell you the topics they can test and on some outlines they bold the topics that are more likely to be tested. That'll at least set the margins for you.

Get a good set of subject matter outlines (for example, the Conviser from Barbri). Spend lots of time on the outlines for the subjects tested on the Florida multiple choice portion, specially, Florida Civ Pro, Florida Crim Pro, Florida Evidence, Wills, and Business Associations (corps, partnerships, agency).

As to essay subjects, learn these, but you don't need to know them with the same amount of detail as the Fla. multiple choice subjects. You should spend lots of time reading the old essays that have been released by the Florida Board. That along with a decent knowledge of the law will put you in good shape for the essays.

For the MBE, learn the outlines well but also work through a ton of practice questions. Especially with an online exam, a program like Adaptibar is perfect. As many questions as time permits you to get through. Practice is key.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”