Character and Fitness Question+Law School App Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Character and Fitness Question+Law School App

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:17 pm

When I applied to law school, I answered all application questions honestly. In order to complete some C&F questions, I need to disclose a number of things that my law school application did not ask about. I obviously will also truthfully answer the bar app question. However, I'm wondering if I should amend my law school application to reflect the information that they did not ask about, but the bar is? Thank you!

nixy

Gold

Re: Character and Fitness Question+Law School App

Post by nixy » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:40 pm

If your law school app genuinely didn’t ask about this stuff, then no, you don’t need to amend it to include stuff that the bar app asks about. The school asks about what it decides it needs to know. That doesn’t have to be the same as what the bar association decides it needs to know.

Now, if it was a judgment call and you didn’t *think* you needed to disclose on your school app but now think you needed to, yeah probably amend.

But if, say, your law school app asked only for convictions, while your bar app also wants to know about arrests, and you’ve been arrested but never convicted, it’s fine that you didn’t tell your law school about the arrests even though the bar is asking about them now.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:48 pm

Original anon here. Thank you. My law school app didn't ask about civil traffic tickets, only criminal stuff. I have a bunch of traffic stuff to disclose. I have a similar situation with financial C&F questions I will need to explain.

Is that unusual?

Prudent_Jurist

Bronze

Post by Prudent_Jurist » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:17 am

My law school didn’t ask about traffic tickets. I had the same worry as you and contacted an administrator at the school who assured me that, since they didn’t ask, it won’t be a problem with the state bar.

I assume the same applies for financial stuff. If your law school didn’t ask, then you only need to disclose it to the bar.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”