NJ C&F Question Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
jk82

New

NJ C&F Question

Post by jk82 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:52 pm

I am applying for the NJ July bar exam. For the character and fitness portion it asks that you provide contact information for your past employers/supervisors. I have worked for several large companies and reached out to one of them to ask if there was an HR contact I should put on the application. They gave me the email/number for a third party company that handles employment verifications for them (The Work Number). My question is, do I need to try to find out the contact information for my supervisors specifically or is that sufficient? I know some of them have left the companies. Also, does anyone know if NJ reaches out to every single employer? Thanks.

Anonymous User

Re: NJ C&F Question

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:51 pm

jk82 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:52 pm
I am applying for the NJ July bar exam. For the character and fitness portion it asks that you provide contact information for your past employers/supervisors. I have worked for several large companies and reached out to one of them to ask if there was an HR contact I should put on the application. They gave me the email/number for a third party company that handles employment verifications for them (The Work Number). My question is, do I need to try to find out the contact information for my supervisors specifically or is that sufficient? I know some of them have left the companies. Also, does anyone know if NJ reaches out to every single employer? Thanks.
When I went through it (5 years ago), yeah, NJ reached out to every employer. If they don't hear back, they try again. If they still can't get an answer (months later), you'll need to explain it somehow in an addendum

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”